We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good car rental in Tel Aviv airport

Which Tel Aviv hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cam
Good car rental in Tel Aviv airport

Recently had terrible experience renting a small car from Europcar via Easyjet in Ben Gurion International, they have no desk in arrivals and the office is actually outside the airport, this was not clear at all from the booking form that only said to meet their representative on floor 1 near the other car rentals.

They didn't wait where they said they would and we waited a long time until we had to make an expensive call to their emergency number just to be told the agent is waiting on floor 3 - he wasn't.

Finally after 30 minutes a driver arrived who drove like a maniac to their offices 3 miles away where they didn't have the car's disk license etc' , they got another car.

When returning the car they had no one waiting and their office was locked, another call and we were told the driver is also manning the desk and will be in the office shortly.

15 min later he arrived and took the keys from us and got us to the wrong terminal, turned around back eventually and we made it just in time.

On the side of amateurism I would say, anyone knows of a good rental company that has a proper desk actually on site?

Edited: 5:19 pm, January 22, 2012
23 replies to this topic
Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 101
11. Re: Good car rental in Tel Aviv airport

It appears to not be as there is the clause stating that it is available at additional cost. Don't forget to take it out either via Eldan or your credit card, just make sure to inform them you are renting a car in Israel and read all the fine print to see what is and is not covered.

Chana

Israel

New York City, New...
reviews: 7
12. Re: Good car rental in Tel Aviv airport

Chana, I agree that that's what the Eldan site seems to say. But if that's correct, what is in Comprehensive? And also, that would make Eldan much more expensive than Hertz, even more than the $80 difference I already found. That's why I'm confused by Eldan, and think that CDW might be included in Comprehensive, but they're just not saying it.

BTW, I checked with American Express and Mastercard -- their credit cards do not cover CDW in Israel at all.

13. Re: Good car rental in Tel Aviv airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:05 pm, April 07, 2013

Paris, France
14. Re: Good car rental in Tel Aviv airport

Europcar Tel Aviv.

Be careful+++

Check everything on the contract even if something is written by hand like a code. Ask for every acronym even if you think what you say is clear and that people in front of you seem to understand you (especially for insurance+++).

Once they have you VISA imprint (for the franchise) they are dishonest, liars and hypocrites. Your "word" has no more value. Even if they tell you "OK no problem" or " I understand".

They will also wait for you to fly abroad and to be far away in your country to withdraw the money from your account… and then they will say that you asked for the service…

Then you can do whatever from your country… they will act like walls, not an ounce of humanity, the consumer is considered in fault.

VERY BAD experience… and I have been renting cars for one half of my life… never seen such hypocrisy, never been robbed this way.

Edited: 9:16 am, December 18, 2013
New York City, New...
15. Re: Good car rental in Tel Aviv airport

I rented from Hertz again 2 weeks ago, using the international site. Once again it was a fine experience, and the rental was as inexpensive or less expensive than from other agencies ($16 per day plus insurance). The outside body of the car had a lot of dings and scratches (the car otherwise was fine), and so I was concerned that I might be hit with damage charges that I'd need to fight, but the rental agent was very diligent about marking them all on the form, and when I returned the car the receiving agent saw how marked up the damage form was and didn't even bother comparing it to the car itself. All in all, a fine experience.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 18
16. Re: Good car rental in Tel Aviv airport

Sophia--what charges are you contesting? How much were they? It is possible that you DID incur charges and don't realize. Please share what you are upset about and maybe we can help clarify.

New York City, New...
17. Re: Good car rental in Tel Aviv airport

Some people are confused by charges for the toll on Rt 6. You don't go through a traditional "toll booth", and the rental company adds a charge for paying the toll on the renter's behalf.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 101
18. Re: Good car rental in Tel Aviv airport

Sophie what service were you charged for that you didn't want/use?

Chana

Israel

reviews: 1
19. Re: Good car rental in Tel Aviv airport

We huurden in april jl. een wagen bij Hertz in Eilat met een drop-off in Tel Aviv: goede service, wagen in perfecte staat, correcte afrekening.

In september wordt door Kesher rentacar in Tel Aviv op frauduleuze wijze geld van mijn kredietkaart gehaald. Wanneer je even rondzoekt, blijken hierover meer klachten te bestaan.

Jerusalem
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Israel
reviews: 41
20. Re: Good car rental in Tel Aviv airport

PolVanH - though you write in Dutch I'm assuming you can understand English.

The charge after your visit might not be fraudulent. You may have used a toll road - such as Highway 6, which doesn't have toll booths. Collection is after the journey, by license plate number, and in the case of a rented car it could take some time and will also incur an administrative fee. You might also have got a parking ticket somewhere.

If you tell us how much money was taken from your card in September we could guess whether those could be the reasons.

Reply to: Good car rental in Tel Aviv airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted