We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Left Luggage" at Sde Dov Airport

Which Tel Aviv hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
reviews: 49
"Left Luggage" at Sde Dov Airport

We are planning to fly from Tel Aviv (Sde Dov Airport) to Eilat for 3 days and would like to leave some of our luggage at the airport. Is there any "left luggage" or lockers there to accommodate a large suitcase? If not, does anyone have any ideas about what we can do? Thanks!

reviews: 30
1. Re: "Left Luggage" at Sde Dov Airport

I don't recall there being one, since Sde Dov airport is tiny. Where are you coming from and where will you be going to after Eilat?

Washington DC...
2. Re: "Left Luggage" at Sde Dov Airport

Staying in Tel Aviv for a few days (near beach on Ben Yehuda), then flying to Eilat. After returning from Eilat, we go directly to Jerusalem. Does it make any sense to leave from Ben Gurion instead? Do they have lockers there?

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
reviews: 37
3. Re: "Left Luggage" at Sde Dov Airport

There are no lockers at Ben Gurion either. This topic was discussed on TA before. You can take the luggage with you. Arkia and Israir don't care if you take your luggage as most of the Israelis flying have no luggage. Another option is to leave it at the Tel Aviv hotel.

4. Re: "Left Luggage" at Sde Dov Airport

There is a manned luggage deposit at ben gurion, but I don't know whether they allow leaving the luggage overnight. Take the stuff with you to Eilat on the flight - and do try to pack light, which is very useful anyways.

Enjoy!

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
reviews: 23
5. Re: "Left Luggage" at Sde Dov Airport

The opening hours of the left luggage at Ben Gurion can be a pain. I believe it's something like 08:00 to 19:30 (I can check on their site if you would like), and only sunday-thursday. Not terribly convenient ....

Washington DC...
6. Re: "Left Luggage" at Sde Dov Airport

Todah to all of the contributors- I guess the consensus is to travel light and bring the luggage with us to Eilat. Thanks again!

North Woodmere, New...
reviews: 53
7. Re: "Left Luggage" at Sde Dov Airport

We just flew from Sde Dov to Eilat last month. Sde Dov is a very small airport and I think you should check your carrier (we flew Arkia) on baggage allotment. I think it is 22 kg per person. We left most our luggage in our hotel in Tel Aviv but we were also going back to Tel Aviv after Eilat, not to Jerusalem as you are doing. If you have alot of luggage it may pay for you to leave your luggage at the Tel Aviv hotel,pick it up when you return and then travel to Jerusalem. Have fun!

8. Re: "Left Luggage" at Sde Dov Airport

Travel light (which makes sense anyways) and bring the lugagge with you to Eilat.

9. Re: "Left Luggage" at Sde Dov Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 pm, October 03, 2009