We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tel Aviv - September 20-23, 2007

Which Tel Aviv hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NJ
Tel Aviv - September 20-23, 2007

We are first-time travelers to Israel and unfortunately planned our trip during Yom Kippur. Is anything open? Should we postpone until after the holiday?

reviews: 29
11. Re: Tel Aviv - September 20-23, 2007

Hi Shoshi, I enjoyed being back and reading your posts. Brucha-ha- nimtzet.

Oakland, CA
reviews: 41
12. Re: Tel Aviv - September 20-23, 2007

10 years ago an othorpedic friend of mine at Tel-Hashomer hospital told me that Yom Kippur is the busiest day of the year for orthopedic surgeons. The reason is that because no one drives all of the kids are out on the roads skateboarder/biking/roller bladding.

More kids break there wrists on this day than any other day.

Tel Aviv, Israel
reviews: 25
13. Re: Tel Aviv - September 20-23, 2007

Yom Kippur lasts for 26 hours and I am sure you can manage to organise your time around this. As for the day itself - there is a lovely atmosphere in Tel-Aviv, no cars or buses on the roads - children playing, cycling etc. Obviously it's supposed to be a day of religious and spiritual reflection which is hard to see, but if you are going to be in Israel during this time I think it would be an interesting experience for you.

I don't think you should postpone, Tel-Aviv is always a great city to visit and if you can handle 26 hours of your trip being a day of quiet and calm then you will be just fine - just wait until the real Tel-Aviv kicks in!

Hope you enjoy it - I came here on holiday in 1996 and never left!

troy mi
reviews: 17
14. Re: Tel Aviv - September 20-23, 2007

if weather cooperates, beach would be perfect - plus take a stroll to Jaffa - may be a few places open there

15. Re: Tel Aviv - September 20-23, 2007

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 pm, September 08, 2009