We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

eco desert tours and Tel aviv accomodations

Which Tel Aviv hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
reviews: 6
eco desert tours and Tel aviv accomodations

My husband and I are planning a trip to Israel in may we having difficulty finding accomodations with character class in tel aviv is seems most places that call themself historic really mean "old " and unrefurbished. After all the country is only 58 y/o !Any reasonable recommendations? We will have car so we dont have to stay in tel Aviv . I have relatives in hertzliah it can be anywhere in a 30 minute range . The highlight we have planned is a 4 day tour to petra and the desert with a group called desert eco tours. It looks fab has anyone heard of them? thoughts?

thanks california dreaming

Los Angeles...
reviews: 6
11. Re: eco desert tours and Tel aviv accomodations

ABC1120

Hi I'll let you know I can't wait . Erez has been incredibly helpful and if the trip is as good as his service it should be great ! I'll let you know when we return. Calgal

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cairo, Egypt
reviews: 37
12. Re: eco desert tours and Tel aviv accomodations

Just wanted to let you know that one of our travel programmes here in Australia (Getaway) did a piece on Desert Eco Tours (Jordan tour). They highly recommended it and it looked fantastic value for money. Am really interested in doing this trip with them, so will really appreciate a review from you! Thanks

West Windsor...
reviews: 31
13. Re: eco desert tours and Tel aviv accomodations

CalGal - Can't wait to hear how you liked it! I'll be watching the forum! I have been dealing with Gil at DesertEcoTours, and have been impressed with how promptly he answers the e-mail. I just called him to give him our credit card number to reserve the tour, and he was really nice. He said it is very hot there!

Nefertari- Just got back two weeks ago from a fantastic trip to OZ and NZ. We loved Melbourne! What a delightful city!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cairo, Egypt
reviews: 37
14. Re: eco desert tours and Tel aviv accomodations

Why thank you abcd, glad you enjoyed your trip to our beautiful part of the world. I love Melbourne too and NZ aint bad either, eh?

Tel Aviv
reviews: 2
15. Re: eco desert tours and Tel aviv accomodations

We just came back from a tour with Eco desert tours and it was a big disappointment. They are extremely expensive and will charge you cancellation fees if you will change anything(even without cancelling). The program that they promised was changed completely by the guide and he claimed that it was our fault since we agreed to the change. It was not true and nobody even asked us about it. They were nice to us only until we signed their paper and from then on they couldn't care less. From their attitude towards us I really cannot believe that anybody enjoyed their tours unless he never went with any of the other wonderful Israeli tour companies. They are rude, expensive and worthless. I really believe you should take someone else..

West Windsor...
reviews: 31
16. Re: eco desert tours and Tel aviv accomodations

Gulika:

I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with Desert Eco Tours. I remain very pleased with the private tour that we took with them two years ago. We had a terrific tour guide, everything went smoothly and was handled in a highly professional manner. Yes, the private tour was costly, but we had a completely positive experience, and I would continue to recommend them highly.

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
reviews: 23
17. Re: eco desert tours and Tel aviv accomodations

Dear Gulinka and Dumela - TripAdvisor is not the place for a discussion between the two of you about a particular booking.

Please take your comments offline, otherwise I will request from TripAdvisor to cancel your accounts, and believe me they will !!

reviews: 29
18. Re: eco desert tours and Tel aviv accomodations

Ditto - gripe about an operator is legit m- until it becomes a personal vendetta. And so is the operator's version of the story. Threats are not, in my opinion

19. Re: eco desert tours and Tel aviv accomodations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, October 22, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Tel Aviv