We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tel Aviv Hotel Question

Which Tel Aviv hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Jacksonville...
reviews: 34
Tel Aviv Hotel Question

We are looking for a good hotel at a reasonable price in Tel Aviv for four nights in early June. The De La Mer looked good except for issues about security (one poster lost $600 he had given to the desk for safekeeping and there is a posting the the room door locks are inadequate). We are also looking at the Renaissance although the price is higher. We'd like to be on/near the beach. Recommendations appreciated.

--My_AZ

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 141
1. Re: Tel Aviv Hotel Question

The Metropolitan Hotel is not on the beach, but only two blocks away and is reaonably priced. If you book through Orit at Regent Tours (toll free from US at (866) 383-6130), she will save you considerable money. I've used her four times. If you call her, please tell her I sent you. She can give you some other options as well, but I stayed at the Metropolitan in October, and it was fine.

Douglas Duckett

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
reviews: 41
2. Re: Tel Aviv Hotel Question

Metropolitan is fine and very close to the beach. Cinema and Center hotels are a few minutes walk from the beach and have good recent reviews.

Jacksonville...
reviews: 34
3. Re: Tel Aviv Hotel Question

Thanks, Shoshi. De la Mer looked good except for security issues. One poster said that there were no dead bolts on the room locks and that the door could be easily opened with a credit card. Is this usual in Israel and should I be concerned about leaving things (such as my laptop) in the room? (De la Mer does not have in-room safes.)

Todah rabah,

Myra

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
reviews: 41
4. Re: Tel Aviv Hotel Question

I don't know about De Le Mer, but what was written on the forum. I live in Tel Aviv so I don't use the hotels. My Brother in law stayed at the Cinema a few weeks ago and loved it. If you have difficultuties deciding where to stay use this Orit person that many on this forum have used and loved. Mertopolitan is also very well located, try them.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 141
5. Re: Tel Aviv Hotel Question

I can't recall if there are deadbolts in the Metropolitan, but I certainly did not feel at risk there, and I had a laptop. I know Israel has some theft and crimes like that, but the rate is so much lower than in the US that I just wouldn't worry that much about it. You have to use sense and common caution, but I have been there eight times and never had anything stolen from my room. Of course, it can happen -- anywhere.

Douglas Duckett

6. Re: Tel Aviv Hotel Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:20 am, August 22, 2009