We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it safe to stay in East Jerusalem???

Which Jerusalem hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City
reviews: 39
Is it safe to stay in East Jerusalem???

Not a political question.

I am still planning the trip and I noticed the hotels in East Jerusalem are cheaper than those in West Jerusalem. I am looking to save some money and wonder if this is an option I should consider

32 replies to this topic
Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
reviews: 93
31. Re: Is it safe to stay in East Jerusalem???

I am throwing in my 2 cents regarding 'cheaper' options. I stayed at Lev Yerushaliyim and it was absolutely terrible. I am not that picky, but geez, on Shabbat the Shabbat elevator didn't work, the units are condos so each is a bit different and in various states of repair, the management couldn't care less......and it gets worse. Honestly, you may save some dollars, and the location is excellent but the place is a dump on the inside (the graffiti on the outside of the past couple of years should be a hint as well).

The Montefiore Hotel is just a bit above your budget but includes a breakfast, is quiet, clean and in a great location. The Eldan is also an excellent choice. Beit Shmuel is a guest house/hostel in an excellent location beitshmuel.com/en-us/… it is run by the Reform movement so you won't get an Orthodox feel on Shabbat, but it is kosher and the food is very good. The hostel section hosts many youth groups but the guest house is more family oriented.

NJ
reviews: 19
32. Re: Is it safe to stay in East Jerusalem???

I've heard similiar reviews about Lev Yerushalayim. It seems to have gone down in quality over the years (but of course each unit is different as far as the condition of the unit). I think it's better to rent an apartment over Lev. You can see reviews of people that stayed there recently. I found a nice apartment rental online last year and was happy with it and saved a lot of money over a hotel and had a small kitchenette that helped for Shabbat meals.

Reply to: Is it safe to stay in East Jerusalem???
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted