We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

atm in Jerusalem

Which Jerusalem hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Jerusalem, Israel
atm in Jerusalem

I am looking atm's in Jerusaelm where I can withdraw EURO.

13 replies to this topic
Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 32
1. Re: atm in Jerusalem

There are numerous ATMs in Jerusalem that will dispense foreign currency - dollars may be more prevalent but I would start by checking the ATMs in Zion Square and on Ben Yehuda.

Jerusalem, Israel
2. Re: atm in Jerusalem

I know of one at zion square, but I am looking for others in the area.

Can you be more specific.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
3. Re: atm in Jerusalem

Ben-Yehuda is a very short street and it's not difficult to walk the length of it looking for ATMs. There is a Discount Bank halfway along (on the left as you go uphill). I don't know whether its ATM dispenses euros but you can take a look.

There is a Bank Leumi that dispenses euros, next to Haturim light rail station (on Jaffa Road, between Mahaneh Yehuda and the central bus station).

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 18
4. Re: atm in Jerusalem

Just be aware that you are going to pay for those Euros. Let me explain. EVEN if the account you are withdrawing from IS a Euro account if you withdraw 200 Euros, you will see MORE THAN that deducted from your account. It is a foreign currency withdrawal and an exchange is paid.

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
reviews: 93
5. Re: atm in Jerusalem

Why do you need to withdraw Euros? If you are buying things in Israel, you pay in Shekels. If you have an account with Euros, you get shekels at the daily rate and a small fee will be added. Paying in Euros will guarantee a much less favourable rate of exchange than withdrawing shekels from your account. If for some reason you have to have Euros, the other option is to withdraw shekels from any of the international ATM's and then you can exchange them at one of the change places.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 18
6. Re: atm in Jerusalem

Even doing what Annette suggests is going to cost you--and I do not know if it is worth it. You will be paying to withdraw shekels from a Euro account ( in most instances) and then paying to take those shekels and "buy" Euros. There IS a difference between the buy and sell rate of foreign currency.

London, United...
reviews: 1
7. Re: atm in Jerusalem

I heard from one traveller who said his credit cards didn't work in Israel. Has anyone else experienced this?

thanks,

Jo

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
reviews: 93
8. Re: atm in Jerusalem

You have to let your credit card company know in advance that you will be in Israel. Otherwise, if you don't have a spending pattern in that part of the world, it is flagged as fraudulent use and may be rejected. MasterCard and Visa are widely accepted and used by travellers all the time.

Los Angeles...
9. Re: atm in Jerusalem

"There are numerous ATMs in Jerusalem that will dispense foreign currency - dollars may be more prevalent but I would start by checking the ATMs in Zion Square and on Ben Yehuda."

There are lots of old threads about using Israeli ATMs to withdraw dollars, and lots of posts like this recommending people use the ATMs with $ logos. Has anyone actually had success withdrawing USD with an *American* ATM card? I'm not quite sure it's possible.

I've tried $-marked ATMs of every major Israeli bank, and all of these ATMs only let me withdraw NIS. I never know who to believe, but one guy inside one of the branches told me that the $ or EUR option on these ATMs is only for *Israeli* bank accounts. Seems like he could be correct.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 32
10. Re: atm in Jerusalem

You can definitely withdraw $ with a US card, I've seen it happen inadvertently when a tourist wanted NIS and zipped through the menu too quickly.

Reply to: atm in Jerusalem
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted