We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel question

Which Jerusalem hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Moscow, Russia
reviews: 14
Hotel question

Can anybody recommend a hotel near the Central Bus station? My friend and I arrive in Ben Gurion airport very late at night on April 26, and we are taking a bus to Eilat the next morning, so we are looking for a place to spend the night. Thank you!

8 replies to this topic
Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
reviews: 11
1. Re: Hotel question

I assume that you are referring to the Tel-Aviv Central Bus station. How late are you arriving ? What is your budget ? There aren't any hotels adjacent to the CBS. If you are looking for budget accommodation you could try the "Hayarkon 48" hostel or the "Florentin Hostel" (theyboth have private rooms).

Have you checked out Arkia or Israir flights to Eilat direct from TLV as an alternative ? An early morning flight will save you the cost of the hotel and a 5.5 hr bus ride.

Why are you going directly to Eilat ? What is your entire Israel itinerary ?

Edited: 8:01 am, March 20, 2014
Moscow, Russia
2. Re: Hotel question

No, I meant Jerusalem. If it's not called the Central Bus station, my apologies. We are meeting some friends in Jerusalem and taking the bus together.

I know there are flights to Eilat but I really prefer the bus option.:) Any recommendations for Jerusalem? Thank you.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 18
3. Re: Hotel question

The hotel around the corner from the bus station is the Jerusalem Gate. I do not know if they have one night stays. How early are you taking the bus and what is very late. If you are near the light rail, you can easily get to the bus station in the AM ( and may have more choice)

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 101
4. Re: Hotel question

There is a Central Bus Station in each city, Tel Aviv, Jerusalem Haifa, etc. so you were not incorrect.

There are several hotels nearby -- Jerusalem Gold and Jerusalem Gate are very close by. There are many others within a 10 minute walk. There are also hostels on Jaffa St. if you have a smaller budget.

Chana

Israel

Moscow, Russia
5. Re: Hotel question

The flight arrives around midnight, and then it depends on how long the border control will take (I understand it can take a while). We hope to take the bus that departs at 10 or 11 am (our friends will buy the tickets in advance). So the question is what would be the most convenient way to get some sleep.:) I thought we would take the Nesher taxi from the airport and book a room in a hotel near the bus station. What about the light rail?

Moscow, Russia
6. Re: Hotel question

Chana, thank you! I will check those hotels first.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 18
7. Re: Hotel question

Inasmuch as you posted on the Jerusalem forum, to me at least, it was obvious you were talking about Jerusalem.

Yes, Nesher taxi is definitely the way to go.

Jerusalem Gold will be less than the Jerusalem Gate--and definitely is the way to go.

The light rail is good transportation. It can quickly get you to the center of the city. BUT, I just looked online and prices for the Jerusalem Gold are low enough for your one night--that it should be sufficient.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
8. Re: Hotel question

You don't need the light rail to get from the central bus station to your hotel, as the hotel is only about three minutes' walk from the bus station.

If all you are doing is spending the night in Jerusalem and going to Eilat the next morning, the light rail is irrelevant.

This place is just behind the bus station. I don't know any more about it than what it says on the website:

http://www.dahliaandnirbnb.com/ALLENBY-2/

Reply to: Hotel question
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted