We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking Friday overnight...

Which Jerusalem hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
reviews: 1
Parking Friday overnight...

We are picking up a car at Eldan, 24 King David St, Jerusalem on a Friday.

But we need to park it overnight so we can leave for Tiberius Saturday.

(Eldan is closed Saturday).

Is there a parking lot nearby 24 King David where we can leave it safely overnight?

Or near the Abraham Hostel where we will be staying?

Thanks,

William

9 replies to this topic
Jerusalem, Israel
reviews: 14
1. Re: Parking Friday overnight...

After 1 p.m. on a Friday until 8:00 a.m. on Sunday it is possible to park free legally on blue and white striped curbs. There are certainly a number of options opposite Eldan on Emile Botta Street or on streets behind Eldan. You will be more challenged to park near the Abraham Hostel however. I'd be glad to be corrected.

USA
reviews: 96
2. Re: Parking Friday overnight...

Is it also permitted to park legally, overnight, on a weeknight, on the blue and white curbs, without paying? What times? I will be in similar situation to the OP -- picking up a rental car in the evening and driving out the next morning -- except mine is not on Shabbat. I thought I would have to pay for a lot, but if I can park for free on the street, all the better!

Toronto, Canada
3. Re: Parking Friday overnight...

Thanks!

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 32
4. Re: Parking Friday overnight...

Yes - you can park for free at blue and white marked curbs on weeknights too - as long as it is after the hours that you need to feed the meters - this varies, and the signs with this information are only in Hebrew. You can look for the hours marked, though - it is a safe guess that if you have a range of hours listed, for example 8:00 - 19:00 that would mean that after 7 pm you can park for free - if in doubt just ask someone on the street to help you out.

To the OP - yes, there are actually many such parking places right on Kind David St - in front of Eldan or right down that block in front of the YMCA - your odds of finding a place there are infinitely better than hoping to find something at the Abraham Hostel. However - you can scout out the options on Ha-Neviim St (where the hostel is) and see - there may be some spots there too.

Jerusalem
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Israel
reviews: 41
5. Re: Parking Friday overnight...

onekbear - yes, the same principle applies on weekday nights, although the chance of finding a free place is smaller (you don't mention where exactly you'll be).

william6419 - you might well find a place on Agrippas St. fairly close to The Abraham Hostel. It almost certainly wouldn't be at 1 o'clock on Friday, but from close to Shabbat in and into the evening you'd have a fair chance.

USA
reviews: 96
6. Re: Parking Friday overnight...

I will be at the EXP apartment building at 40 Agripas. I will pick up a rental car just before Eldan closes at 6pm and will leave by 8am the next morning. Apparently, i can park in the building for $22 or so, but obviously if I can park for free on the street that would be better. I'm just not sure where to look for spots. (My Hebrew is probably good enough to understand the parking signs -- assuming I can figure out things like which sign applies to which spots, etc. -- which I have found is not always obvious in a place you are not familiar with).

Tel Aviv, Israel
reviews: 9
7. Re: Parking Friday overnight...

Dear Sir,

You can park The car at Eldan Hotel in Jerusalem near the Eldan branch (in blue color)at adress: king david street N 24

you need to leave the key at the Reception of the Hotel.

waiting to see you

avi hadad 0525695402

avih@eldan.co.il

Edited: 11:02 am, January 28, 2014
NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 18
8. Re: Parking Friday overnight...

Igor, you are obviously posting an email to you from an Eldan employee. I think it would be wrong for anyone to read it and generalize without knowing the full details of the request it is responding to. The website does say that there is underground parking for guests on a "space available" bases. I can't see then allowing non-guests ( even if renting an Eldan vehicle) to use the lot --priority is usually given to guests!

Toronto, Canada
9. Re: Parking Friday overnight...

Thanks everyone.

Reply to: Parking Friday overnight...
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted