We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is there free internet acccess in jerusalem

Which Jerusalem hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
is there free internet acccess in jerusalem

can anyone advice as to if there is anywhere in Jerusalem that provides free internet or any internet café for a low fee

the hotel I am staying in wants £19 a day which I feel is to much

thanks

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
reviews: 23
11. Re: is there free internet acccess in jerusalem

Is there a reason that you are staying at that hotel? It isn't very central, although public transport is close.

12. Re: is there free internet acccess in jerusalem

We didn't know any. Difference we can't change now cos we will lose lots of money

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
reviews: 67
13. Re: is there free internet acccess in jerusalem

Since you have already booked this is a little late but may help you on a future trip... If you book a hotel via www.booking.com you don't pay in advance and usually you have the right to cancel until just a day or to before you are due to arrive. If there is any different arrangement for a particular hotel it tells you at the point of booking. There are lots of options for hotels in Jerusalem

Some of the other booking sites take your money immediately.

Belfast, United...
reviews: 39
14. Re: is there free internet acccess in jerusalem

Are you on a Package Tour?

According to Expedia there is free WiFi in certain public areas of the hotel.

expedia.co.uk/Jerusalem-Hotels-Jerusalem-Gar…

15. Re: is there free internet acccess in jerusalem

So how far away is it then, how long will it take us to get to the local atractions ?

Belfast, United...
reviews: 39
16. Re: is there free internet acccess in jerusalem

You can use the tram to get to the old city but remember it will not run from about 1 hour before sunset on a Friday until one hr after on Saturday.

Did you pay for your hotel up front? It is unusual (unless you're on a package holiday) to do this. Any hotel I have ever been to you pay the hotel directly at check in. Not just Booking.com but Venere, Expedia, Hotels.com etc etc.

I take it you are staying for the full 2 weeks in Jerusalem?

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
reviews: 26
17. Re: is there free internet acccess in jerusalem

Your hotel is in one of those "in between" urban locations that means you can't really walk to any attractions - but the light rail is very convenient and will take you to many of the places that you might want to visit. In the daytime trains are very frequent. A ticket costs 6.60 shekels (you must buy it before you get on the tram and you have to use it the same day that you buy it; you activate it once you get on the tram then it lasts for 90 minutes, during which time you can get on the bus). I guess it will take you about 20 minutes to downtown and half an hour to the Old City or Mamilla, including waiting for the tram and walking to the Old City once you get off the tram.

On Saturday/Shabbat you could visit the Israel Museum, which is a short taxi ride from your hotel.

18. Re: is there free internet acccess in jerusalem

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 22, 2014