We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is there free internet acccess in jerusalem

Which Jerusalem hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
is there free internet acccess in jerusalem

can anyone advice as to if there is anywhere in Jerusalem that provides free internet or any internet café for a low fee

the hotel I am staying in wants £19 a day which I feel is to much

thanks

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 83
1. Re: is there free internet acccess in jerusalem

Many of the cafes offer free internet access, specifically but not limited to Aroma,Cafe Rimon, etc. Also the lobbies of most hotels. Perhaps also yours.

Chana

Israel

2. Re: is there free internet acccess in jerusalem

I have been told by my hotel that if I log in they will charge me £19 day I feel this is very much

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
reviews: 69
3. Re: is there free internet acccess in jerusalem

What we did was to buy a SIM card in Israel for our phones, and we accessed the internet that way. It worked out cheaper than using the hotel Internet and we had access at ant time of day that we wanted.

4. Re: is there free internet acccess in jerusalem

my phone does not have internet I just have an ipad

Kamloops, Canada
reviews: 21
5. Re: is there free internet acccess in jerusalem

I would just scan for open connections. From our hotel room on Jaffa Street we were able to pick up multiple open wifi connections for our Blackberry Playbook. Not all of them we great but we always were able to get connected to one of them.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 17
6. Re: is there free internet acccess in jerusalem

What hotel are you staying at? As said, most only charge if you are in our room. ( and they can't charge you if you "just log in' The way it works is they sell you a password if one is needed!

england
reviews: 1
7. Re: is there free internet acccess in jerusalem

I got free internet access at the bus station and on some egged buses, also sat outside some cafes on ben yehuda street, and at the citadel?migdal david nr jaffa gate.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
reviews: 69
8. Re: is there free internet acccess in jerusalem

On your Ipad go to the iTunes Store and download a free app called Wi-fi finder

When you have it installed, open it up and it gives you all the options for free wifi in the area where you are. Install the free offline data base so that you can search without an Internet connection. It is a worldwide data base and gives you some options for places like Jerusalem.

Note that the app gives you quite a few options. The most important one for you is that it shows free and paid wifi spots. You can set the option for free.

When in Israel do a search via your offline data base for a free spot. When you get to the one that is closest and have a wifi connection, do another search not using the offline data base. You will probably find other options closer to where you are staying.

Apart from that, asking people who may know is a great way to go. :). We found quite a lot of cafes had free wifi but at the hotels we stayed at you had to pay for Internet access. The receptionist at the desk in your hotel probably gets asked that continually and can probably tell you the closest.

If your ipad is one that can use a SIM card then I suggest that is a simpler way to go and will give you access anywhere you are for the whole time you are there.

Belfast, United...
reviews: 39
9. Re: is there free internet acccess in jerusalem

Where are you staying?

If you intend using the internet a lot I would change hotels to one with free WiFi or at least free in the lobby.

The trains all have free WiFi and Aroma Cafe but seriously consider changing your hotel. I have been to Israel twice and never paid for WiFi always free in my Hostel/Hotel.

10. Re: is there free internet acccess in jerusalem

I'm staying at the Jerusalem garden gate and spar,,,