We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi to fit 6 adults + 2 kids from airport to jerusalem

Which Jerusalem hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Great Neck, New York
Taxi to fit 6 adults + 2 kids from airport to jerusalem

We are flying in next week and are 6 adults + 2 kids going to hotel in Jerusalem. I was wondering if there is anyway to fit my whole family in one taxi or car service to take us from Ben Gurion to our hotel in Jerusalem? Trying to avoid taking 2 taxis....

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 17
1. Re: Taxi to fit 6 adults + 2 kids from airport to jerusalem

Nesher, the sherut company runs a shared taxi from the airport to Jerusalem. It holds ten passengers. It is 62 NIS per person ( including luggage etc. etc. ) My response would be either pay an extra 124NIS and have a 'private vehicle or let two "strangers" join the 8 of you and the sherut will make the extra stop (s)

BTW 8 of you in the sherut are less expensive than two taxis. AND if it is after 9PM than paying for the two extra seats will be less than the cost of a cab on the night fare! ( so if you do not take the extra 2 you will be way ahead financially.

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
reviews: 24
2. Re: Taxi to fit 6 adults + 2 kids from airport to jerusalem

Definitely go with the Nesher sherut.

However, don't offer to pay for the other 2 seats when you get on - I've been in the sherut sometimes when the driver decides to leave almost full, rather than wait for additional people. If you see that you are waiting too long, and the other 2 seats don't get filled, then you can suggest paying the other 2.

Jerusalem, Israel
reviews: 5
3. Re: Taxi to fit 6 adults + 2 kids from airport to jerusalem

Alternatively the daka tishim (90th minute) taxi company - not to be confused with the website of the same name - may have cheaper multi seater taxis than those at the taxi stands. their number is 025000787 (plus all the international area codes and stuff)

4. Re: Taxi to fit 6 adults + 2 kids from airport to jerusalem

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, June 22, 2014