We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

8 Days Itinerary

Which Jerusalem hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong
reviews: 8
8 Days Itinerary

Pls kindly advise:

21/7 Sun: Arrive Aiport 11:30pm (Go straight to Tel Aviv)

22/7 Mon : Join One day Tour at Nazarth + Sea Galiee (The tour drop us at Jerusalem)

23/7 Tue: Jerusalem

24/7 Wed: Berthlem

25/7 Thur: Jersualem

26/7 Fri: Jersualem

27/7 Sat: Dead Sea and Marsada

28/7 Sun: Musalem (Yad Vashem + Israel Museum), afternoon take bus to Tel Aviv

29/7 Mon: Tel Aviv, flight 10pm flying back to Hong Kong

Pls kindly comment.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
reviews: 33
1. Re: 8 Days Itinerary

You can stay in Jerusalem till the day of your flight and go to the airport from there. You can add one day to Tel Aviv, take the tour to the Gallili a day later.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 68
2. Re: 8 Days Itinerary

I would start your stay in Jerusalem and take the Galilee tour another day from Jerusalem. This will allow you to recover a bit from your long flight, plus you won't need to switch hotels. The airport is about halfway between Tel Aviv and Jerusalem so there is no advantage to staying in Tel Aviv if you are arriving at night and leaving first thing in the morning.

Chana

Israel

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
reviews: 82
3. Re: 8 Days Itinerary

I agree with Chana. The tour to Nazareth and the Sea of Galilee will be about 12 hours- a long day of touring. You might need a day to deal with your jet lag. Here is what I would suggest

21/7 Sun: Arrive Airport 11:30pm (Go straight to Jerusalem)

22/7 Mon : Site seeing Jerusalem

23/7 Tue: Jerusalem

24/7 Wed: Jerusalem

25/7 Thurs: Bethlehem

26/7 Fri: Tour to Nazareth and the Galilee (overnight Jerusalem)

27/7 Sat: Dead Sea and Masada (overnight Jerusalem)

28/7 Sun: Tel Aviv

29/7 Mon: Tel Aviv, flight 10pm flying back to Hong Kong

Hong Kong
4. Re: 8 Days Itinerary

As I understand no bus available on Sat morning until 2pm, is it possible to go Masada and Dead Sea on Sat?

Also, for egged tours and United tours, the garliee and Nazareth tour only available on Mon, Wed and Sat only.....

Pls advise, tks

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 17
5. Re: 8 Days Itinerary

Are you going to the Dead Sea etc. on your own or with a tour? To go by bus, on your own is, IMO ridiculous. It involves a huge amount of standing at bus stops in the desert sun--and if you miss something, you roast for another hour or so. ( buses do NOT start at any of these locations, times in the schedule are approx. and if the bus goes by earlier--it goes by and you miss it)

If the Galilee and nazareth tour is only available on Mon. Wed, and Sat. than flip it to Wed. or Saturday. Both work.

BTW I like the schedule Anmejoshme put out best.

Hong Kong
6. Re: 8 Days Itinerary

I will join one day tour to Dead Sea, Ein Geni, and Masada.

By the way, as no public transportation on Friday afternoon, then any place in old city is open for sightseeing?

Pls advise, Many thanks

Florence

Hong Kong
7. Re: 8 Days Itinerary

I would like to double confirm starting Friday 2pm until Sat 2pm, no public bus is available. Pls kindly confirm and correct me, if I am wrong,, And all the sites in the Old City will be closed, right?

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 31
8. Re: 8 Days Itinerary

The latest bus from Jerusalem to the Dead Sea area leaves the Central Bus Station at 1 pm on Fridays. There are no buses from Jerusalem to the Dead Sea area on Saturday. If you are already there, the first bus back to Jerusalem will be at approximately 7 pm.

All sites in the Old City will NOT be closed on Sat. The sites in the Jewish Quarter will be closed. The Western Wall is always open. Sites in the Christian, Moslem and Armenian Quarters will be open as usual.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 17
9. Re: 8 Days Itinerary

If you are talking transportation by public bus to the Dead Sea on Friday-Saturday you are correct. If you are talking buses in general then your 2PM time is incorrect. Buses WITHIN stop running a few hours before the Sabbath. At this time of year figure around 5:30PM. They resume Saturday night at around 9PM. There is much in the city to visit on Saturday but you will need to walk or take a taxi.

BTW the light rail too is shut down for the Sabbath.

Hong Kong
10. Re: 8 Days Itinerary

What you mean is the bus service will be stopped around 5:30pm on Friday and resume services starting 9pm on Saturday? Right?

Florence