We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Ben Gurion Airport to Tel Aviv

Which Jerusalem hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong
reviews: 10
From Ben Gurion Airport to Tel Aviv

Hi, pls advise if how to go from Jerusalem to International Airport Ben Gurion. As my flight is 10pm on 29 Jul , I dont know how to go.... or is it a must to go from jerusalem to Tel Aviv by bus, and then take taxi to Airport????

Also I will arrive on 21 Jul 11:30pm at Ben Gurion, I booked a hotel in Tel Aviv near Carmel Market, I wonder how I can go from Airport to the hotel.

Can I take train to Tel Aviv Centre (Savidor) ?

Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Haifa
reviews: 102
1. Re: From Ben Gurion Airport to Tel Aviv

Jerusalem - Ben Gurion Airport by Egged buses : #930, #943, #947, #950 - all will take you to El-Al Junction and from there take Egged shuttle #5. (not during Friday night and Saturday)

- July 29 is Monday thus no nead to panic. Allow 2.5 hours at the airport. and abou an hour on the way by bus

On July 21st it is Sunday thus suggest to take the 00:50 or 01:50 train to Tel-Aviv (Savidor) and taxi from the train station

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
reviews: 37
2. Re: From Ben Gurion Airport to Tel Aviv

Sorry Giora but buses are not the way to go. From the airport to Tel Aviv you have two options. 1. Train - go to Savidor station, take bus no. 18 that goes to Carmlit, a small CBS near the Carmel market and walk to your hotel, ot take a taxi to the hotel. 2. Taxi from the official taxi stand in the airport directly to your hotel, price 130-150 shekels. The dispatcher will tell you what the price is before you board.

From Jerusalem to the airport take the Nesher sherut. Book your place a day in advance. You should be at the airport 3 hours before your flight.

Read the TOP QUESTIONS on the Israel forum page about transport to and from the airport.

Hong Kong
3. Re: From Ben Gurion Airport to Tel Aviv

From Jerusalem to the airport take the Nesher sherut

Where can I book in advance? As We have one big luggage, do the Nesher sherut allow us to bring it ?

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
reviews: 37
4. Re: From Ben Gurion Airport to Tel Aviv

Nesher should take your luggage, and you can also check with them when booking. If you are staying in a hotel, they can do it for you, or call 02-6231231 .

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 32
5. Re: From Ben Gurion Airport to Tel Aviv

Definitely follow Shoshi's advice - the bus is not the way to go - it is cumbersome, confusing and potentially you will stand at the bus stop watching buses fly by since they have no room left. Take the train to Tel Aviv or a taxi.

Nesher will definitely take your luggage - even more than one bag with no problems.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 18
6. Re: From Ben Gurion Airport to Tel Aviv

Nesher is a shared taxi shuttle company, All they do is take people from Jerusalem to the airport and from the airport to Jerusalem. Of course they have place for your luggage.

As said, do NOT take a bus from Jerusalem to the airport. It is the most cumbersome ridiculous method you can find.

I also think that when you go from the airport to Tel Aviv you will most likely be in Tel Aviv after the buses stop running. That means you will have to take a cab from the train station to your hotel.

Hong Kong
7. Re: From Ben Gurion Airport to Tel Aviv

Hi, I change my Itinery, we will go from Airport to Jerusalem on 21 July Midnight around 11:30pm, pls advise the shared taxi will send us to the Hotel directly or just somewhere in Jerusalem?

Pls advise.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 32
8. Re: From Ben Gurion Airport to Tel Aviv

Nesher sherut from the airport to Jerusalem will usually take you directly to your hotel. The exceptions are if your hotel is in the Old City, where there is no traffic, or in East Jerusalem. In those cases the driver will let you off as close as possible or near a location where you can get a taxi for the rest of the trip.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
9. Re: From Ben Gurion Airport to Tel Aviv

The correct number for booking Nesher FROM Jerusalem to the airport is (02) 625-7227. The number given by Shoshi in post no. 4 is for their airport branch, not for bookings. However, as stated, if you are staying in a hotel the hotel will book it for you.

When going from the airport to Jerusalem you do not need to book.

Hong Kong
10. Re: From Ben Gurion Airport to Tel Aviv

I will stay in New Imperial Hotel inside Old City next to Jaffa Gate.