We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overnight Parking Question

Which Jerusalem hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Needham...
Overnight Parking Question

We will be arriving by car to Jerusalem on a Saturday & are staying in an apartment right by the Mehane Yehuda Market. We plan to return our car first thing Sunday morning. If we are able to find on street parking is it legal to leave the car overnight? I had read somewhere that the sidewalks where you can legally park are painted blue - is that correct?

Thanks!

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
reviews: 45
1. Re: Overnight Parking Question

The sidewalk are painted bue&white and it is safe to leave the car there. Read on the sigh posted on the street to what hour it is allowed to park like that.

Needham...
2. Re: Overnight Parking Question

Thanks Shoshi. Are the signs in English too?

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 41
3. Re: Overnight Parking Question

The signs with parking information, hours, etc. are not in English - but it's rare for the parking limitations to start before 8 am - so if you move the car from the blue/white area before 8 you should be safe. This holds true for parking meters too.

Look at the sign, you will see the range of times there in numerals and should be able to figure out the basics of what you need - or just ask someone and they will surely help translate.

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 14
4. Re: Overnight Parking Question

That's a very busy area ..... Which street is the apartment on?

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 19
5. Re: Overnight Parking Question

Be aware that they do not play around. At 8AM if you are not legally allowed to be there at best you will be ticketed ( which if you ignore will be sent to rental agency and THEY will bill you) and at worst you will be towed.

BTW if you should be so lucky to find ( I doubt it) a curb that has NO color painted on it--that is natural cement --that means you can park too!

Needham...
6. Re: Overnight Parking Question

I've been told that there is a public municipal lot on Mesilat Yesharim Street which is close to our apartment (corner of Eliash and Agripas Streets) with meters. Does anyone know if we can park there overnight and whether we have to put money in the meter for overnight parking. I just don't want to risk being towed! Many thanks for all the help.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 41
7. Re: Overnight Parking Question

You do not have to feed the meter for overnight parking, just be sure that there is money in the meter when the daytime paid time starts - usually 8 am.

Jerusalem, Israel
reviews: 9
8. Re: Overnight Parking Question

I live in this area, so beware that in Jerusalem many times you don't have paint markings along the streets and you should respect the street signs.

There is indeed a parking lot at Mesilat Yesharim with a meter. I doubt that you will have to pay over shabbat, but anyways the info there is in English and it's cheap. But do not count on getting a place there, it's quite small and popular.

Edited: 1:12 pm, June 16, 2013
Needham...
9. Re: Overnight Parking Question

Thanks for all the help...I feel better knowing what to look for.

Jerusalem, Israel
reviews: 9
10. Re: Overnight Parking Question

Btw. I just checked and from Friday 15:00 till Sunday morning this parking lot is free.