We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Issues with booking tunnel tour through Kotel site

Which Jerusalem hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cleveland, Ohio
reviews: 56
Issues with booking tunnel tour through Kotel site

I’ve searched for and read everything I can find on booking online but can’t seem to figure out how to proceed. It seems everyone else that had problems received a response after some time or was able to reach someone on the phone. It has been almost a month since I first made a request for a reservation for July 4, and I have yet to receive a response. I’ve tried booking online with the help of a friend who can understand Hebrew, and we can’t get past the 9 digit code at the end. Apparently this is an Israeli number, so can no foreigner make a reservation? I’ve been diligently checking my junk folder and have received notifications in Hebrew from when I sent a message to customer service during the booking process, as well as confirmation that my initial request was sent and I would hear back within 5 business days. So I know I haven’t missed anything emailed to me. When you call, the phone just rings and rings. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Edited: 9:24 am, June 10, 2013
Boston
reviews: 15
1. Re: Issues with booking tunnel tour through Kotel site

I booked online a few months back for a tour we took a few weeks ago. As had been mentioned in some other threads use Chrome for your browser as it can translate the Hebrew to English and use 123456789 for the code. Make sure you print off the confirmation and had that in at the ticket window to pick up your tickets

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 17
2. Re: Issues with booking tunnel tour through Kotel site

I do not know what you problem is. I would go back and try again to request a tour via the website

english.thekotel.org/VisitorInfo.asp?id=1

or call.

From the website the number and information

02-6271333 ( dialed from the US that is 972 2 627 1333)

The hotline is operational between 8:30 – 17:00.( don't forget Israel is 7 hours ahead of us so that would be open from 1:30AM EST to 10:00AM EST) Also, they are closed on Saturday and may close earlier on Friday!

I do know that when I needed to go I called from NYC with no problem.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 68
3. Re: Issues with booking tunnel tour through Kotel site

I would call them directly. If you would like assistance contact me by PM and I will try to help you. You cannot make a reservation in Hebrew without an Israeli ID number.

Only by phone or email is this possible.

Chana

Israel

Edited: 9:56 am, June 10, 2013
Belfast, United...
reviews: 39
4. Re: Issues with booking tunnel tour through Kotel site

I booked this tour online with no problems and did not use a Hebrew site.

Go to english.thekotel.org/VisitorInfo.asp?id=2

Scroll down and click on the Icon that show Individuals

Where it says 'Request a Tour - Click Here' - Click

Fill in your details and they will get back to you within (in my case) 2 days. If they don't have a tour available for your desired time they will give you alternatives.

I had no problems and in fact changed my dates again without a problem.

Palm Desert...
reviews: 42
5. Re: Issues with booking tunnel tour through Kotel site

Do not give up---it is so worth it to do this tour.

I booked on-line with absolutely no problem and I'm not so computer savy.Let us know if you get through.

Cleveland, Ohio
6. Re: Issues with booking tunnel tour through Kotel site

Well, I finally heard back, but only in response to the message I submitted after clicking 'contact customer service' when going through the booking process. They were able to make a reservation for me during a time that was not available online, so I am certainly glad to hear from them. Still no response from my original request about a month ago however, but I'll take it. On a side note, a co-worker who has family in Israel called in a reservation before I heard back so I had to deal with that because I really want the one that wasn't available online. So if anyone else is having difficulties, I would say try every avenue possible to contact them: submit a reservation, click to contact customer service when trying to go through the booking process, and send another email to the 'contact us' address on the site. Thanks for the help.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 17
7. Re: Issues with booking tunnel tour through Kotel site

I am glad you got your reservation. I would disagree with your advice to follow every avenue possible. THAT may have been what messed you up. When they saw multiple requests from the same person bombarding them, they may have just put it all aside rather than deal with figuring out what was up and what was down.

Don't forget, this is generally a simple process.

Edited: 9:15 am, June 17, 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
8. Re: Issues with booking tunnel tour through Kotel site

WIth all due respect, I waited almost 3 weeks with only one reservation request before my second attempt to contact them. I would think I waited an appropriate amount of time before trying again, especially when they say they'll respond within 5 business days (and it had been almost 3 times as long). I agree, in theory it is a simple process but between the 9 digit code you must enter (nothing worked for us) and not getting an answer by email or phone, one is not left with many other options. Thanks again for all the advice.

9. Re: Issues with booking tunnel tour through Kotel site

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, June 19, 2014