We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

must choose...advice needed

Which Jerusalem hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tampa, Florida
reviews: 28
must choose...advice needed

For final day of my trip, I need to choose between visiting Masada/Dead Sea OR going to Herodion OR city of David/Hezekiah's tunnels and Israel Museum. I could use your advice please on your opinion of what is "best"...just not enough time to do all. Thanks in advance.

Edited: 11:06 pm, March 30, 2013
Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
reviews: 23
11. Re: must choose...advice needed

You will need to leave Jerusalem at 14:00, so definitely stay within the city. Keep Masada for another trip.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 32
12. Re: must choose...advice needed

Since you have a full day in Jerusalem on Wed. I would suggest you go for Masada and the Dead Sea, which are indeed "don't miss" sites. You can get an early start on Thursday and tour the City of David, get back to your hotel, pick up your luggage and head for the airport.

Since your flight is at 5:45 pm you need to be at the airport by 2:45 which means you will have to leave Jerusalem around 1 to 1:30 if going by sherut at around 2 pm if taking a taxi directly to the airport.

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
reviews: 23
13. Re: must choose...advice needed

Sorry - I just reread your question (since I don't normally disagree with Oreets!!), and I see you are asking about what to do on Wednesday when you have the whole day. So on that day, I would also recommend going to Masada/Dead Sea/Ein Gedi, and on Thursday get an early start and go to the city of David.

Note that the Israel museum is open till 22:00 on Tuesdays, so you can go there after whatever else you have planned for tuesday.

Edited: 11:22 am, March 31, 2013
Tampa, Florida
14. Re: must choose...advice needed

Wow thanks everyone! I think I have this planned so we can fit everything in (well not everything but our most desired anyway!) I do have one question...I noticed that the City of David mentions summer and winter hours (but does not say when each starts). I assume April is still winter hours?

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
reviews: 37
15. Re: must choose...advice needed

April is summer.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 18
16. Re: must choose...advice needed

You need to be at the airport by 2:45 ( 3 hours in advance) It is 40 minutes or so by private taxi and more if you go by Nesher ( shared taxi) Nesher you call the day before, tell them your flight and they will tell you when they are coming.

With the time schedule you are presenting you do NOT have time to go to Masada. City of David tours with the tunnel are 3 hours and the early English tour starts at 10:00AM. ---which is too late for you. To do it on your own is not wise since you really need an explanation. Considering your tight time frame the only thing you can really do is the Israel museum and enjoy the WHOLE museum and the special Herod exhibit.

After reading replies on page 2 ( missed them when I wrote the above) I am editing to say--Go to Masada on Wed. and Thursday AM do as I outlined above!

Edited: 4:00 pm, March 31, 2013
Tampa, Florida
17. Re: must choose...advice needed

Thanks rdglady; I am also concerned about waiting to last day to do tunnels (and I don't want to fly home wet or feeling dirty!) So as shoshi says summer hours are in effect now, we will consider doing the tunnels either Monday or Tuesday evening since they are open until 19:00.

18. Re: must choose...advice needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 02, 2014