We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4-5 days in Jerusalem

Which Jerusalem hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth Australia
reviews: 36
4-5 days in Jerusalem

Im trying to plan 4-5 days (depending on flights) in Jerusalem. I havent booked anything yet as we've only just decided to extend our time in London so we can fly over to Israel. I want to wander around Jerusalem old city and see the main Christian and Jewish places of interest and to go to the Dead Sea, Masada and Galilee. It will be somewhere around18- 30 June 2013.

Are there any particular days I should aim to be there or to avoid?

Could someone suggest any small day tours or a company I could book through. Id love to also see Petra in Jordan but depending on the political situation at the time.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 36
1. Re: 4-5 days in Jerusalem

There are no special days or dates to take into consideration then. If possible, with such a short time, I would try to avoid being here on Friday or Saturday so that you won't have to schedule around transit and site closings for the Sabbath.

4-5 days is a very short time to see even the "main" sites. With this timetable I would skip Petra as it will eat up 2 days of your time here leaving almost nothing for Israel.

I would rent a car and head to the Galilee for two days, from there drive directly to the Dead Sea and Masada area, and then at the end of that day head to Jerusalem. Return the car in Jerusalem as you won't need it there and won't want to deal Jerusalem traffic or parking. Spend the last two days in Jerusalem.

This will allow you a reasonable "taste" of what there is to see and do here, leaving you ready to come back for more.

Belfast, United...
reviews: 44
2. Re: 4-5 days in Jerusalem

I am not an expert but I will be returning to Israel in April/May and bringing my sister for the first time. We will spend 5 days in Jerusalem, 1 day a tour to the Galilee and another day a tour to the Dead /Sea Masada Ein Gedi.

We will stay at the Abraham Hostel and both tours will be their own by mini bus. They are not guided but for me the advantage of using the Abraham Hostel is that the tours are in their own mini bus with a max of about 12 people. They pick up at the hostel for their guests and at the Jaffa gate for non guests - No picking up anywhere else. I did the Masada/Ein Gedi/Dead Sea tour on my last visit and recommend it, this will be a first for the Galilee. The big tour companies pick up in Tel Aviv and several other places which wastes a lot of time. I don't think you need a guide for these places, a good guide book will suffice and at Masada you can hire the audio guide.

If there for 5 days that leaves you 3 for Jerusalem which IMO you will need that amount of time as there is so much to see in both the old and new city.

abraham-hostel-jerusalem.com/en-us/activitie…

3. Re: 4-5 days in Jerusalem

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, January 13, 2014