We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transportation from Ein Keren to Mehane Yehuda

Which Jerusalem hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Miami, Florida
transportation from Ein Keren to Mehane Yehuda

Hello!

I need your advice how to get from one place to another

in the morning I will take light train to Yad Vashem and after that want to spend some time in Ein Keren

can I reach it by foot or there are any buses?

I need to be at Mehane Yehuda area after visiting Ein Keren

I guess need a taxi ride? How much will it cost approximately and are they easy to find?

I will be at Jerusalem first week of January and planning to do all that on Thursday

Thank You!

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 18
1. Re: transportation from Ein Keren to Mehane Yehuda

Where are you starting from. You are potentially going in circles. Are you Machne Yehuda and Ein Kerem stops visits or appointments at a specific time

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
2. Re: transportation from Ein Keren to Mehane Yehuda

Bus 28 will take you from the bus stop at Mount Herzl (the closest stop to Yad Vashem) to Ein Kerem.

From Ein Kerem, take the 28 back to the light rail stop at Mount Herzl, and then take the light rail from there to Mahane Yehuda.

One ticket is valid for 90 minutes, so when you get on the 28 bus on your way back from Ein Kerem, keep your ticket. You don't need to do anything regarding a ticket when you get on the light rail. If an inspector gets on, your ticket will be date and time stamped, so since you'll be within 90 minutes you will be OK!

Edited because I wrote the wrong route number! 28 is correct.

Edited: 11:53 am, November 15, 2012
Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 36
3. Re: transportation from Ein Keren to Mehane Yehuda

No need for taxis at all.

When you say you will be visiting Ein Karem, I am guessing you mean the neighborhood, churches, etc. If so then bus #28 leaves from Herzl Blvd and goes into the neighborhood. You simply reverse on the way back and then take the light rail to Mahane Yehuda.

Miami, Florida
4. Re: transportation from Ein Keren to Mehane Yehuda

Thank you very much

I did not realize that it will be that simple trip with the bus to and from ein keren

is it the same ticket for the bus and light train?

how much time do you think i need just to walk around ein keren ?

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
5. Re: transportation from Ein Keren to Mehane Yehuda

Yes, tickets are valid for any combination of light rail and city buses for 90 minutes. You can travel on as many buses and light rail trains as you like with one ticket, costing NIS 6.60. The 90 minutes starts when you buy your ticket on the bus (or if your first vehicle is a light rail train, when you validate it in the machine inside the train).

Buses are frequent, so you don't need to plan in advance how much time you want to spend in Ein Kerem.

6. Re: transportation from Ein Keren to Mehane Yehuda

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 am, December 16, 2013