We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hispin Guest House Ramat Hagolan

Which Jerusalem hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
reviews: 10
Hispin Guest House Ramat Hagolan

Anyone have any info on this hotel? Thanks!

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
reviews: 36
1. Re: Hispin Guest House Ramat Hagolan

Do you mean the guest house/field school at Hispin? I just stayed there a couple of weeks ago. It's at the edge of a moshav. Nice, new buildings. It's kind of outdoor-style - all the rooms open onto outdoor walkways. Our room had two single beds and a bunkbed plus desk, closet etc, simple Israeli youth hostel style furnishings. There was a bathroom and separate toilet, and a TV and fridge in the room. Breakfast was in a central dining room; the usual Israeli spread. Dinner was OK - nothing special. The food is kosher (meat for dinner, dairy for breakfast).

The place got a bit loud on our second night when a huge Israeli school group turned up. However, this didn't disturb us in our rooms at night. There are also a few families evacuated from Gush Katif living there, which gives a family feeling to the place (also interesting people to talk to to get behind the news headlines).

I'd say that this place is as nice as the best Israeli youth hostels I've stayed in (Peki'in springs to mind). It's simple but very clean and airy. If you're looking for a 4* hotel this is probably not the place, but if you're happy in simple accomodation, I think it would be an excellent base to explore the Golan - it's near to plenty of sites (you'll need a car to get there and to get around).

Avigail (Jerusalem)