We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mehadrin Hotel - Tel Aviv

Which Jerusalem hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 2
Mehadrin Hotel - Tel Aviv

Hi guys,

I live in London and am travelling to Tel Aviv on business. Does anyone know of a respectable mehadrin hotel in the city centre? When I say mehadrin, I mean OU standard.

Regards,

Doron

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 112
1. Re: Mehadrin Hotel - Tel Aviv

While most hotels in Israel have Rabbinate kashrut, a purely Mehadrin hotel in Tel Aviv is not available to the best of my knowledge when it is not a holiday. If your looking for one of the Badatz hechers the only option is Armon Yam in Bat Yam (near Tel Aviv). Occasionally there will be Badatz catering at one hotel or another is there is a big party who has ordered as such, but I would not count on this.

Chana

Israel

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
reviews: 41
2. Re: Mehadrin Hotel - Tel Aviv

Debora hotel was mehadrin, I am not sure if it is still in busines. Don't stay there even if it is, it was a horrible place.

Freehold, New Jersey
reviews: 30
3. Re: Mehadrin Hotel - Tel Aviv

There are a couple in Bnei Barak

iv'e never tried them or even know if they are open for regular business

Wagshal and Viznitz

Vagshal Hotel

13 Meltzer Street, Bnei Brak

51527 Israel

Tel: 03-579-9959

Fax: 03-618-2766

Supervision: Mehadrin. No other details were provided by the establishment

Viznitz Zipori Class Hotel

16 Damesek Eliezer Street, Bnei Brak, 51610 Israel

Tel: 03-677-7141

Fax: 03-677-8895

Email: info@vzchotel.com

Supervision: Mehadrin, Glatt. Rabbi Landa - Tel: 03-619-3582

and Badatz Viznitz / Rabbi Shraga Faivel Weinberger - Tel: 052-761-2988

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
4. Re: Mehadrin Hotel - Tel Aviv

There is one in Netanya - Galei Zans (or sanz?)

Check www.eluna.com too

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 18
5. Re: Mehadrin Hotel - Tel Aviv

Do not stay in Galie Zans. The building looks like a slum that is falling down and should be condemned. It is really an embarrassment. I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy! ( note: I live part time in Netanya)

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 36
6. Re: Mehadrin Hotel - Tel Aviv

Are you looking for a mehadrin hotel because you want to stay in a hotel with that clientele and atmosphere or are you simply looking for that hechsher on meals?

If it's only the meals, then you can check with any hotel and see if there are breakfast items that meet the standards you need. You are not tied to the hotel for your other meals and can simply check eluna (see the post above) for restaurants that have the necessary hechsher for you for your meals.

Bet Shemesh, Israel
7. Re: Mehadrin Hotel - Tel Aviv

There are many more options than that, especially if you expand to include Ramat Gan. There's an incredible mehadrin restaurant in the Ramat Gan diamond district called ArtMeat, highly recommended especially if you want to impress others. But it's expensive. There's also El Gaucho in Ramat Gan, In Tel Aviv proper there's Alternative, which isn't great but it's dairy and simpler.I also just heard of a meat place called "lechem basar" in the Hanger 14 area of north Tel Aviv. Anyway, there's a lot more mehadrin kashrus than people know of, even in Tel Aviv.....

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 36
8. Re: Mehadrin Hotel - Tel Aviv

Dov - not sure how your post is supposed to help the OP when he specifically stated he was looking for a mehadrin hotel not restaurants. Also - since he has never come back we really don't have any more info and for all we know he may have already been and left.

London, United...
reviews: 2
9. Re: Mehadrin Hotel - Tel Aviv

I have just come back. This string was extremely helpful. I stayed in Diaghilev Hotel in Rechov Mazeh, and ate out all the meals in mehadrin restaurants. I did not find a hotel with a mehadrin hechser, which I wanted for kashrut purposes. I am heading back in a few months and am building up a list of mehadrin restaurants, as I take out many of my clients, so if anyone has any further recommendations I would be most grateful.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
10. Re: Mehadrin Hotel - Tel Aviv

Prime Grill may be Mehadrin (one listing says rabbinut regular kashrut, anther sayd mehadrin)

60 Herbert Samuel, The Opera Building, Tel Aviv

Alternative

Dairy Restaurant Coffee Shop

10 Dubnov Street, Tel Aviv

Korusin (actually in Ramat Gan)

1 Jabotinsky St., D-Mall, Ramat Gan

(I odn't like this place much, but apparently it is popular)

Edited: 1:04 pm, October 31, 2012