We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to Israel for the first time

Which Jerusalem hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh Pa
reviews: 7
Going to Israel for the first time

Last minute trip with my husband and daughter- 5 to 6 days there, what is the best way to see all the sights? Not so sure I want to rent a car, but is it feasible to see everything on a tour? Any advice appreciated. Cost is not such a big concern.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
21. Re: Going to Israel for the first time

>>I've done lots of public transportation in the US and a little bit in Europe but have always been able to ask for directions in English.

Public transport in Israel is excellent, inexpensive and frequent, with the exception of Shabbat - the Sabbath, from Friday before sunset until Saturday after dark - when it doesn't run. An exception is the sherut (shared taxi) between Tel Aviv and Jerusalem, which runs 24/7.

Most Israelis speak at least some English, and you won't have any difficulty if you need to ask directions. Street names, road signs etc. are in English as well as Hebrew and Arabic.

Hertford, United...
reviews: 106
22. Re: Going to Israel for the first time

May or October or when for a first visit? We're fine in warmer climes, but have the choice about when to visit, so ideally it would be warm 20C + in the day and not too busy. Is that a feasible combination? I've noted a couple of the religious festivals in May, which we'd probably try to avoid. Thanks.

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
reviews: 93
23. Re: Going to Israel for the first time

Bunny19 this is an old thread. Start your own thread so your question can be answered independently.With your own thread many of your questions as a different first time visitor can be answered instead of tacked onto someone else's question.

Both months you have stated are great for a first visit but the holiday in May 14/15, Shavuot, has to be taken into account.

24. Re: Going to Israel for the first time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, January 07, 2014