We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling to Jerusalem/Israel as a Muslim

Which Jerusalem hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Geneva, Switzerland
reviews: 11
Traveling to Jerusalem/Israel as a Muslim

Hello, I am passing forward a question from a friend who is an American national and also a Muslim. : Forgive me for the ignorance, but will I have trouble getting in? I am touring around to see all the old sites around the world and I very much would love to be able to see and wander around Jerusalem. Unfortunately with all the tensions going on these days, what do I need to know or be prepared for and just will help me get around and make the short trip a smooth one. Thanks in advance.

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
reviews: 11
21. Re: Traveling to Jerusalem/Israel as a Muslim

You will see many soldiers when traveling around the country but they will be doing the same as you - traveling from A to B. Israel is not a police state and soldiers in the cities, buses, etc, have no authority to deal with civilians and tourists.

reviews: 1
22. Re: Traveling to Jerusalem/Israel as a Muslim

How far are these sites from Jersusalem?

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 91
23. Re: Traveling to Jerusalem/Israel as a Muslim

Both are in the north. Neither is accessible by bus from Jerusalem. For Ein Jalut (Ein Harod) you will need to take a bus to Afula (963) and then either a taxi or bus (411) to near the park. Ein Jalut is in the National Park of Ein Harod which has a natural spring and grassy areas.

For Hattin you need to take a bus to Tiberias and then another from Tiberias in the direction of Haifa. There is no bus stop at the site itself but you can get off at Kfar Hittin and walk to the site which is not too far. Or take a taxi from Tiberias which is about a 15 minute ride and shouldn't cost too much.

If you wish to go from place to the other this will require going through Afula where you can get a bus to either Ein Harod or to Tiberias and from there to Kfar Hittin.

The ride to either site is at least 2.5 hours in each direction, but will probably be more due to waits for bus connections as well as the need to walk to the sites from where the bus lets you off.

Chana

Israel

reviews: 1
24. Re: Traveling to Jerusalem/Israel as a Muslim

Thank you very much, I appreciate you giving the time to help me.

London, United...
25. Re: Traveling to Jerusalem/Israel as a Muslim

Are there any Arab / Muslim tour operators

who can help me organise my holy tour to Israel?

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 91
26. Re: Traveling to Jerusalem/Israel as a Muslim

You can check on-line for operators in Jerusalem, specifically on the east side of town. Most are Arab, however, I am not sure if they are Moslem or Christian, but you ask.

Chana

Israel

London, United...
reviews: 5
27. Re: Traveling to Jerusalem/Israel as a Muslim

Apparently there is someone called Sam Salem, but I seem to recall there were some DEs on this forum who have, let's say, reservations, about using his services.

Edited: 11:09 pm, June 20, 2013
Birmingham, United...
reviews: 3
28. Re: Traveling to Jerusalem/Israel as a Muslim

Sam Salem is not a Muslim nor a licensed guide.

L Ali S you can find tour operators offering Umrah tours in the UK which also include Jerusalem. However these may be 2/3 day stops, if you have the leisure of a longer visit to the Holy Land you can plan your visit with a bit of planning and research. I visited on my own recently for a month and am already planning my next visit IA.

29. Re: Traveling to Jerusalem/Israel as a Muslim

And even if he answers honestly he will still be frustrated by their attitude .

From personal experience .

Washington DC...
30. Re: Traveling to Jerusalem/Israel as a Muslim

There's nothing like a first post that's negative from someone who can't even post under their own name!