We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One month and six to go...

Which Jerusalem hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
One month and six to go...

Just wanted to say thank you for all your advice in the Dec of last year. Israel is fab and I cannot seem to get enough of the felafels round the corner from me. Found a place to stay in the Old City, can be a bit scary at night but it was so charming that I couldn't resist renting it.

So all in all I'll go with a famouse Coke line...I'm luvin it!

Cheers

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 112
1. Re: One month and six to go...

It's wonderful to hear you're having such a great time!

Douglas Duckett

2. Re: One month and six to go...

Thanks Doug, I am having a good time. Off to Taba in a few hours, worried about the diving scene, not much of a swimmer and seem to hear the music of 'Jaws' the moment I see a body of water. Too bad I conned my husband about me being 'sporty', it was years back and he still remembers it. Talk about eating ones words. Cross your fingers and hope I don't see a Shark in the waters when I dive.

reviews: 31
3. Re: One month and six to go...

Enjoy the Taba warmth and come back for the snow forecasted for Monday - even if for you it's not such a big deal, Jerusalem under the snow is a sight not to be missed!

4. Re: One month and six to go...

Might have missed the snow...though Taba was ab-fab! Nelson Village is a place I warmly suggest to those wanting to travel there.

5. Re: One month and six to go...

Didn't miss the snow, which did not make an appearance at the end. But stay tuned, there's extreme cold forecast for next Monday!!

6. Re: One month and six to go...

Anon! Are you trying to scare me cause if that was the intention then well, you did a good job. My flat is colder than Sweden at present. The 4.5 meter high roof lets out all heat and retains nothing but cold. Have two heaters, one electric and one gas..want it surgically implanted in my body though I doubt it will look nice during Beach 2006 season.

7. Re: One month and six to go...

Don an astronaut's suit then, because apparently Russia's Julia is going to visit us at the beginning of next week. Then again, if you braved yesterday's winds and rain you should be allright...why don't you get yourself another accomodation instead of ruining your chances of being nominated Ms Beach 2006?

8. Re: One month and six to go...

Hell, thanks for warning. I didn't step out yesterday so will be morally difficult for me to accept your words on my bravery, which by the way hit a new low last week amidst the rain and wind. You make a sound point of finding an another flat, since I moved from Sweden, where 'Gamla Stan' i.e. Old City is super charming and exclusive, I kind of expected the same. Old city is charming here as well but not as great as I thought it would be. Here is the thing...my landlord supports 3 kiddies of his studying in the US and I feel that moving out might put him in a spot. I heard yesterday that he is going to move in with his mother as he needs the extra income, I would go low on my karma if I chose to move out. Though if I live here more than that the alloted 6 months, I would try and look for something else. /Bleeding Heart

9. Re: One month and six to go...

What can I say - pure soul. Maybe try and insulate the windows better. They have these plastic strips and they do wonders retaining the heat inside.

10. Re: One month and six to go...

what is this? While I write this, I have the the tape to insulate in my hands!