We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Jerusalem in late October / November

Which Jerusalem hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bothell, Washington
Visiting Jerusalem in late October / November

Hi,

We are considering booking a tour to Jerusalem. We have two options:

- Late October.

- Late November.

I would like to check how's the weather normally looks like in Jerusalem these two times. Does it get cold / snow at the end of November?

Thanks very much and best regards.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
reviews: 58
1. Re: Visiting Jerusalem in late October / November

I don't think it ever snowed in Jerusalem in November, but there may be a period of winter weather with rain relatively low temperatures . You can check the climate here:

http://www.ims.gov.il/IMSEng/CLIMATE

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 135
2. Re: Visiting Jerusalem in late October / November

Late November can have rain and cool but not bitterly cold temperatures. Or it could be sunny and mild. Late October is a safer bet, but even then, sometimes the winter rains have started.

Douglas Duckett

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 101
3. Re: Visiting Jerusalem in late October / November

It could rain in both October and November. The temperatures are cooler at night in November, but during the day can still be warm. I personally wear sandals until the end of November (except when it rains), if that gives you any indication of the temperature. When there is a rare snow in Jerusalem it is in January/February, the coldest months of the year in the northern hemisphere.

Chana

Israel

Bothell, Washington
4. Re: Visiting Jerusalem in late October / November

Thanks for the replies everyone. Greatly appreciated your help.

Paragon
reviews: 44
5. Re: Visiting Jerusalem in late October / November

I was in Israel a few years ago in late October.......actually returned to the States around the 3rd of November. The weather was beautiful with only 1 rainy day.

Kathy

San Juan...
reviews: 7
6. Re: Visiting Jerusalem in late October / November

Personally, I think October through December is one of the best times to visit Israel. Warm days, cool evenings, rain is possible but rare. Not crowded with tourists. Somewhat lower hotel rates.

reviews: 1
7. Re: Visiting Jerusalem in late October / November

Check out this web site: …wordtravels.com/Cities/…Climate

As you could see there is a significant change concerning the millimeters of expected rain in November compared to October. There will be also a drop in the temperature but I think it will still be nice weather in the day and a bit chilly in the evening so you will need a jacket for the evening.

Conclusion: Go in October :)

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
reviews: 23
8. Re: Visiting Jerusalem in late October / November

I would also agree that late October is better than late November. It will almost definitely be dryer and warmer in October than November, and you'll have about an hour more daylight in the late afternoon.

9. Re: Visiting Jerusalem in late October / November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:21 am, March 12, 2011