We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

looking for nice hotel at Mediterrinian sea or red sea

Which Jerusalem hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Karlsruhe, Germany
reviews: 212
looking for nice hotel at Mediterrinian sea or red sea

Hey,

we will visit Israel in summer/fall 2006 and I'm looking for a nice, averaged priced hotel near the sea (medit. or red sea). Any recommendations ?

reviews: 29
1. Re: looking for nice hotel at Mediterrinian sea or red sea

The place with the best assortment of hotels for all budgets is Eilat on the Red Sea.

Enjoy!!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 141
2. Re: looking for nice hotel at Mediterrinian sea or red sea

I will differ from Anon (a rare event) to some extent. If you're going in the summer or early fall, Eilat will be HOT. The Mediterranean will be more temperate. In winter, on the other hand, Eilat will be far more pleasant.

I'd recommend Tel Aviv, Herzliya, or Haifa. Mid-scale choices that are good include the Melody Hotel in Tel Aviv (1 block from beach with view, reasonable, nice boutique hotel) or the Dan Gardens Haifa in Haifa (view of bay to die for but far from water).

Do you want to do other touring, or are you looking at the beach? Because Eilat is also far away from everything else, but if all you want is a great beach vacation, that can be a great fit.

Good luck!

Douglas Duckett

Cincinnati, Ohio, USA

reviews: 29
3. Re: looking for nice hotel at Mediterrinian sea or red sea

Douglas is not differing - his answer has just a much better resolution, as always..Whatever you choose, enjoy !