We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Money exchange

Which Jerusalem hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ostrow Wielkopolski
Money exchange

I have two questions concerning money exchange. I'll be very grateful for all answers:

1. Could someone provide me with the exact address of the money exchange counter in Jerusalem signed Kent, somewhere near Ben Yehuda street? I heard it's the best option for money exchange in Jerusalem.

2. I know there is a post office at the Ben Gurion airport, but could anyone describe where exactly it is located? My second question is if this post office exchanges foreign currencies at the same, fixed rate as every other post offices in the country and with no commission. If not, could somebody suggest the best money exchange counter at the Ben Gurion airport. I'll have USD/EUR in cash, so ATM is not an option for me, but I'll need ca. NIS 2500 already at the airport, so I have to exchange it there.

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
reviews: 11
1. Re: Money exchange

The Post office is located on the Departure floor upstairs of the arrival hall:

iaa.gov.il/Rashat/…PostalServices.htm

There are apparently three change places in the arrival area, 1 in the arrival hall, 2 in the "Greeters hall":

iaa.gov.il/Rashat/…ListofAtms.htm

You can find maps on the website.

I would assume the Post Office there has the same rates as every other post office in the country. Here is a link to the P.O. foreign exchange page:

http://www.israelpost.co.il/postcurrency.nsf/WebDisplay/$First?opendocument&l=EN

I don't understand why you need 2500 NIS (~$700) at the airport. The Nesher taxi is about 50 NIS, so if you change $50 it really doesn't matter which of the no-commssion money exchange places you select because they all have similiar rates.

Ostrow Wielkopolski
2. Re: Money exchange

Thanks for the answers.

I need so much money because there will be 8 of us and we are going for a full-day minivan taxi tour directly from the airport. I'll have to pay all the expences on the way and also the taxi fare at the end of the tour and I don't wan't to look for an exchange counter during our trip.

I assume the post office in the departure hall can be also easily reachable for arriving passengers, not just departing ones. Am I right?

Any help concerning the address of Kent exchange counter in Jerusalem?

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
reviews: 41
3. Re: Money exchange

For more information on money exchage look at the Israel forum page, top right, where the TOP QUESTIONS are and see "money exchane".

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 18
4. Re: Money exchange

No exact address--but I'll give you a description.

The Kent exchange is located at the bottom of Ben Yehuda, closest to Rechov Yafo. If you stand with your back to Yafo it is on the right--a few stores up. The Kent sign is no longer as prominent as it used to be. There are 3-4 money changer stores right there--all within feet of each other. If you are exchanging large amounts--stick you head into each and ask what the price is.

Ostrow Wielkopolski
5. Re: Money exchange

Thanks.

I'll try to find the right place.

Israel
reviews: 4
6. Re: Money exchange

i used to only go to kent to change money back when it was in kikar tzion (before it was torn down in the construction), but in the new location i dont usually notice a difference with all the money changers that are next to each other. like rdglady said, just check the rates at each (but they're usually the same)

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 18
7. Re: Money exchange

The Kent location that was in Kikar Zion, in the building that was torn down and was also a small store was the secondary Kent. It was the "branch" that had late hours. There was always a primary KENT that is located where I wrote in my description. It is still there. I do not know if that is the store that travelchik is referring to or if the one in the build that was torn down has relocated.

8. Re: Money exchange

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 12, 2010