We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family of five

Which Jerusalem hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sweden
Family of five

I have three children aged 10, 7 and 5 and am looking for accommodation end of September for two weeks. I have checked out many hotels and have not come across any that give prices for my family. The best they offer is for 4 people. Can any one give suggestions for places to stay in Jerusalem for three nights and Elat for 7 nights

We have a budget of around $130.00 per night. We do not mind guest houses either.

reviews: 30
1. Re: Family of five

What about an apartment in Jerusalem? Look at the many posts, especially by Dw. In Eilat you can try the Isrotel Royal garden or the Isrotel Riviera Club.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 18
2. Re: Family of five

Your budget is very low. The last 7 days of September 2010 ( which I assume is what you are referring to) is a Jewish holiday. The 18th of Sept. is Yom Kippur--the only day when the entire country basically shuts down. ( including, I believe the airport) If you do come this time I doubt you will find an apartment for 3 days. Even in Eilat--prices may be higher due to the holiday.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 20
3. Re: Family of five

Sept. 22-30 is the holiday of Succoth. It is high season here, many Israeli families are on vacation as well as tourists. It is also a less-than-ideal time to visit, since all those Israeli families will be at the same sights that you want to visit.

If it is at all possible to postpone your trip to the beginning of October you will have much better luck, though $130 for a room is hard to find anytime.

Maybe the youth hostel in Eilat?

Fredrikstad, Norway
4. Re: Family of five

What about Issis Inn(flat), or Bet Norvegia(kind of hostel)? Very reasonable prices. We stayed at Issis Inn last year, very satisfied. We'll stay at Bet Norvegia next week, and I believe it is recomendable. (Know someone that worked there) This is in Jerusalem.

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
reviews: 23
5. Re: Family of five

I've never heard of Issis Inn - where is it? If you were happy there last year, and you can get a good price for your dates, then go for it.

If you can get reasonably priced rooms at Beit Norvegia, that will be excellent, as it is in a convenient position for visiting both the old City and the new City of Jerusalem. It is a hostel, rather than a hotel, but during the holidays you don't really have a lot of choice.

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 13
6. Re: Family of five

You are spending 50% of your trip in Eilat????? What do you plan on doing there for such a long time?

israel
Destination Expert
for Mitspe Ramon
reviews: 3
7. Re: Family of five

In Eilat try the SPNI field school which is on the southern beach, set just back from the beach and 5 minutes walk from some of the best beach in Eilat. They have youth hostel style rooms with bunk beds etc that should sleep 6-8 people per room. I believe that 130 USD per day should suffice for the 5 of you there.

Adam

Fredrikstad, Norway
8. Re: Family of five

Issis Inn is a small flat, walking distance from Bet Norvegia. We stayed 6 persons there, I don't remember exact price, but for a family, it will be difficult to find a cheaper option.

Edited: 5:33 am, December 25, 2009
Norway
reviews: 4
9. Re: Family of five

In Eilat we stayed at "Shelter Hostel". We payed 300 NIS or 80$ pr night for a private dorm room with 5 beds.

http://www.shelterhostel.com/

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
reviews: 37
10. Re: Family of five

The SPNI field school is a very good option. Book early, it fills quickly.Email talid@spni.org.il phone +972-8-6372021

Call and email. This is a very nice place for kids, so make the extra effort.