We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommended Activities For An Active Nine-Year-Old

Which Jerusalem hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Miami
Recommended Activities For An Active Nine-Year-Old

Does anyone have any suggestions of activities an active nine-year-old would enjoy? I'm planning to spend 5 days in the North, one day in Eilat (also doing Petra day trip), Mitzpe Ramon, and Jerusalem.

Thank you

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
reviews: 23
1. Re: Recommended Activities For An Active Nine-Year-Old

Hi TanyaMiami, and welcome to the forum!

It's great that you are posting all your questions, but it would really help us if you could give us more details of your whole trip, like how many people, ages (if you have anyone else apart from your 9-yearold son), exactly when are you planning the trip - I gather that it's June, is that 2008? (I know it sounds like a silly question, but there are people on this forum already planning their trips for 2009 and 2010!). Exact dates will help us understand whether there are any holidays or special events on while you are here. Also, how many days are you planning for EACH place, and if you already have hotels booked, tell us where you are staying, so that we can answer questions like "what can we do in Jerusalem on Saturday if we are Shomer Shabbat" - to be able to answer that properly, we need to know where you will be staying, so as not to suggest places that are not within walking distance.

One thing I can already tell you about this specific question - if you plan on 1 day in Eilat, you will need to choose between Petra and Eilat. The tour to Petra takes a full day.

Looking forward to getting more details, and then we'll be happy to oblige with our opinions and help :-)

Debi

Miami
2. Re: Recommended Activities For An Active Nine-Year-Old

Thank you for your reply. I'm planning a trip for my daughter and myself, arriving in Israel on Tuesday, June 17th and leaving Saturday night on July 5th. We're planning to spend the first six nights at BY4U apartments by Ben Yehuda Street (June 17-22), then two nights in Eilat (June 23-24), then back to Jerusalem for 4 nights (June 25-28), then 4 nights in the North at Maagan Holiday Village, where we'll have five full days, then back to Jerusalem for our last Friday and Saturday of the trip.

I want to gear the activities so my daughter has a special, memorable time.

Thank you for any suggestions.

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
reviews: 36
3. Re: Recommended Activities For An Active Nine-Year-Old

Sorry - should have read this before replying to your other one!

Avigail

reviews: 30
4. Re: Recommended Activities For An Active Nine-Year-Old

In Jerusalem - the Tower of david, the ramparts walk if your daughter is not afraid of heights, the time Elevator, the Davidson archeological park. The North - rafting, kayaking, jeep rides, cherry picking, horsebackriding, Manara cable car, watching birds in Hula lake (on season). Mitzpe Ramon - jeep rides, alpaca (or is it lama) farm; Eilat - underwater observatory, swim with dolphins.

Miami
5. Re: Recommended Activities For An Active Nine-Year-Old

Thank you for the great ideas.

6. Re: Recommended Activities For An Active Nine-Year-Old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:26 am, September 29, 2009