We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Ben Gruion to Jerusalem/Dead Sea on Saturdat morning

Which Jerusalem hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 3
From Ben Gruion to Jerusalem/Dead Sea on Saturdat morning

Hello all.

I shall be landing in TLV on a Saturday morning at about 5:00 am.

Does anyone know how much a taxi will cost to Jerusalem?

Also my wife and I were thinking of using the first day to visit the Dead Sea. Can anyone recommend a company that might work on Saturday morning?

Many thanks

dvvfm3

reviews: 29
1. Re: From Ben Gruion to Jerusalem/Dead Sea on Saturdat morning

A taxi on Shabbat (Saturday) should cost around 200 NIS. But you can take a shared taxi (sherut) for 45 NIS each. That's to Jerusalem. United Tours should be going to the Dead Sea on Saturdays.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 18
2. Re: From Ben Gruion to Jerusalem/Dead Sea on Saturdat morning

The United tour is Masada, Ein Gedi and the Dead Sea. They pick you up at around 9AM. Are you going to be ready 4hours after landing to take a bus trip? It will take time to get your luggage and time to get from the airport to Jerusalem. It is doable--but you are leaving no time for extended delays.

London, United...
3. Re: From Ben Gruion to Jerusalem/Dead Sea on Saturdat morning

Thanks for the help.

My wife and I will only be taking hand luggage, so hopefully (w/no delays) we should be out of Ben Gurion in about 45mins, and in Jerusalem for about 7am.

After a quick nap in the hotel, 9.30 seems doable, but are their any tours a little later? (even if their itineraries are shorter)

Many thanks

dvvfm3

Modiin, Israel
reviews: 29
4. Re: From Ben Gruion to Jerusalem/Dead Sea on Saturdat morning

According to the United Tours website there is only one departure, 9am.

www.unitedtours.co.il/asg/Item_232.html

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 18
5. Re: From Ben Gruion to Jerusalem/Dead Sea on Saturdat morning

Hi Again--It is 9AM, not 9:30 ( check my original post) Second concern--do you have an early check-in scheduled and/or paid for at your hotel. Generally check-in is not until something like 2PM

London, United...
6. Re: From Ben Gruion to Jerusalem/Dead Sea on Saturdat morning

Yep realised my mistake (9AM departure), and yes do have early check in booked for my hotel.

I feel from your messages, that it is probably a better idea to visit the Dead Sea another day, which I'll probably do.

Thaks for the united info anyway

dvvfm3

7. Re: From Ben Gruion to Jerusalem/Dead Sea on Saturdat morning

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 am, September 12, 2009