We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying Jewelry in Israel

Which Jerusalem hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NEW YORK
reviews: 18
Buying Jewelry in Israel

Leaving for Israel soon and need some advice on where to buy Jewelry. Are there any bargains to be had? One reader said to shop at the Aquarium. Is it an actual aquarium or is it a place called The Aquarium.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 141
1. Re: Buying Jewelry in Israel

Search this forum for "shopping," and you will find a really extensive thread, started I believe by AZZenny, with lots of information and suggestions on shopping, including jewelry. Have a great trip!

Douglas Duckett

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 141
2. Re: Buying Jewelry in Israel

Here is that thread:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293977-i1733-k674…

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 41
3. Re: Buying Jewelry in Israel

There is a jewelry shop at the aquarium in Eilat. They carry lots of coral and Eilat stone (a.k.a. King Solomon stone) items. Perhaps this is the shop to which the other poster referred?

I don't know much about their prices, but I'd imagine since it's a tourist spot the prices aren't the best, even though Eilat is a tax-free city.

Brooklyn, New York
reviews: 6
4. Re: Buying Jewelry in Israel

I really liked Camus Gallery in the old city of Tzfat. There were beautiful jewelry stores with varying prices. I purchased a lovely hamsa by Michal Golan and really liked her work (she also has stores in NYC) - but I also loved the work of Adaya and found that in many of the stores.

In Jerusalem there are many stores on Ben Yehuda St. with nice jewelry but my favorite for earings is Amethyst on Solomon St. and I also liked Chaya gallery on the other side of the street a few doors down (they also have a shop in the Cardo). Not sure about deals but I found things that were beautiful and not too expensive.

Jewelry that I saw "on the street" were a bit too hippy-ish for me and maybe more for teens. Not like NYC where I find a lot of great jewelry on the street.

Rehovot
5. Re: Buying Jewelry in Israel

Check out jewelry studios on Drive-Israel.com - the places listed are outside of the big cities.

Judy

Drive-Israel.com

Resources and Routes for Independent Travelers to Israel

reviews: 29
6. Re: Buying Jewelry in Israel

DriveIsrael - please be advised that self advertising is prohibited in this forum.

7. Re: Buying Jewelry in Israel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:28 am, October 06, 2007
St. Louis, Missouri
reviews: 5
8. Re: Buying Jewelry in Israel

There is a great little shop called Ethnics on 34 Jaffa Road in Jerusalem. It is a co-op for artists and they have jewelry and all kinds of wonderful things to buy. You can take a look at their website www.ethnicsart.com for a preview, but there is so much more in the shop.

Not a bargain, but across the street at 31 Jaffa Rd. is Baltinester Brothers Jewellery and Judaica. Beautiful, different things, but not a bargain. Worth the visit though.

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
reviews: 39
9. Re: Buying Jewelry in Israel

There are several small stores selling artistic and unusual mid-priced jewellery on Yoel Salomon St in the centre of Jerusalem and also on Emek Refaim in the southern part of the city. There is also some fantastic jewellery in the weekly artists market just off Emek Refaim - it's in a school playground just by the icecream place, every Friday.

In general artistic Israeli jewellery isn't dirt cheap, but you can pick up something really original from an artist or boutique fora very fair price.

Avigail

california
reviews: 3
10. Re: Buying Jewelry in Israel

There is a place in Jerusalem not far from the King David Hotel called The Ring that we discovered. I was looking to purchase nice wedding bands with the Hebrew inscription "Ani leDodi, veDodi Li" which are not terribly uncommon, but I didn't see what I was looking for until we passed by their window. A very small place that specializes in rings. The owner emigrated to Israel from California years ago and married an Israeli, and they raised their family there. Because my size was big, he needed to make one custom for me, and it could not be ready before we left Jerusalem. He met us at Latrun junction when we were returning to Tel Aviv from Eilat to deliver it personally!