We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

review of Avissar House

Which Jerusalem hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Phoenix, AZ
reviews: 45
review of Avissar House

We stayed two nights at Avissar House in the Under the Olive Tree suite. The location is great - in Yemin Moshe, a the first neighborhood located outside the Old City Walls, and close to the Windmill. Wonderful views too. The inn is about 10 min walk from the old city Yaffa Gate, however be prepared for uphill walks as either direction from the inn involves several flights of stairs. The two room suite we stayed in was fairly basic - but clean. Fairly old furniture, sofa bed in the living room, and double bed in the bedroom. Some repairs were needed to the lights and other fixtures. Bathroom was fine, but no shampoo was included in room. The room does not include breakfast, but does have a small kitchen with fridge. The owner responded very promptly to my emails. In person he provided some basic verbal info on places to eat in the area. I would have liked to see some writen info available in the suite on the area, maps of Yemin Moshe, taxi info etc.

Holland
1. Re: review of Avissar House

hi, I've just seen the website http://www.jeru-avisar-house.co.il/

It looks very nice indeed.

I don't understand one thing, you've stayed two nights? On the website has been mentioned minimum stay is 3 nights, so two nights was not a problem?

Phoenix, AZ
reviews: 45
2. Re: review of Avissar House

I asked if we could stay two nights and the owner agreed. As its not yet the height of tourist season and it was in the middle of the week, I guess it was not an issue. It always pays to ask..

3. Re: review of Avissar House

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 am, September 07, 2009