We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi or train to Akko?

Which Haifa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary
reviews: 19
Taxi or train to Akko?

We're 4 people who will be arriving by cruise ship to Haifa. Should we take the train or a taxi to Akko?

Phoenix, Arizona
reviews: 1
21. Re: Taxi or train to Akko?

Thanks, again. Good idea to switch visits around--Golan on Friday and Akko on Saturday. Only issue with Haifa is the steep climbing. While we do enjoy wineries in general--being from California--thought a visit to Golan would just be more adventurous regardless of what we see there. Can we get there by taxi on Friday morning for a couple of hours? Would there be other taxis available to get back to Haifa?

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 18
22. Re: Taxi or train to Akko?

A taxi will not know where to take you. You would have to give him exact instructions on where you want to go. ie. name of winery, some idea of location and phone number so he can call if necessary. Don't forget a cab driver is NOT a guide. In terms of a taxi being available to take you back--depends. If the winery is a major one, in a larger town you should have no problems. A smaller one--ask the winery when you inquire about visiting. Also, some wineries may close earlier on Friday--or not have visitors at all. Check in advance.

Also, this company was written up, in I think a weekend newspaper. I don't exactly remember and I just googled to find their name. You now know as much about them as I do! -:)

http://www.myisraelwinetours.com/index.html

Edited: 2:00 pm, September 07, 2011
Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
reviews: 11
23. Re: Taxi or train to Akko?

It is a nice drive from Haifa through the Galilee to the Golan. The winery is in the town of Katzrin.

http://www.golanwines.co.il/default_eng.asp

A taxi from Haifa will cost about 450 NIS (one way). I don't know if you will be able to find a taxi to take you back to Haifa because Katzrin is a small town. You could probably arrange for the taxi to wait for you at the winery; perhaps one of our Haifa experts can suggest how to arrange this.

I found this site which offers chauffeured guided tours from the port (I don't know anything about them):

isralimo.com/shore_and_land_excursions.html

Phoenix, Arizona
reviews: 1
24. Re: Taxi or train to Akko?

Thank you, rdglady and mbgg, for all of the help. We now have enough info to make good plans for Friday the 14th, and are very much looking forward to it. Tripadvisor is a great website! Now on to Jerusalem.

25. Re: Taxi or train to Akko?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, October 10, 2012