We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pls help! Self-created, action packed Golan & N Galilee plan

Which Galilee hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Amman, Jordan
reviews: 35
Pls help! Self-created, action packed Golan & N Galilee plan

3 adults traveling with 3 and 5 yr old.

We have 3.5days and 3 nights, traveling in Oct. we’ll have own transport.

Day 1 (Thursday)

Arrive Tsfat mid afternoon. Check in.

Tour a bit of Tsfat: artist colony, Tsfat cheese, Tsfat candles, sunset at Citadel…Overnight Tsfat.

Day 2 (Friday)

To Katzrin - Golan Archaeological Museum in Katzrin, Vista Olive Mill Olive Oil Factory in the Katzrim village, Golan Heights Winery, lunch somewhere in Katzrim?

Capernaum, Tabgha, Mt Beautitudes, possibly a dip in Sea of Galilee (where is the beach and is it too cold to swim?). Overnight Tsfat

Day 3 (sat):

Visit and hike an easy trail in Yehudiya Nature reserve. Dinner in Rosh Pina. Overnight Tsfat or overnight in Tiberias.

OR

Day 3 (sat):

Tsfat – Banias waterfall, Banias Spring and ruins, Nimod Castle, Lunch at Witches Cauldron Mt Hermon, Odem and/or ein Zivan for wine tour and tasting (necessary to prebook?), Mt Bental for break, quick stop for views Quneitra. Overnight Tsfat.

Day 4:

Beit She’an

I gathered some of these from recommendations on TA and guidebooks. I am testing waters but does this look ok or too ambitious? Welcome your feedback. Many thanks in advance for all your input.

I am also a bit intimidated that 2 out of my 3 nights will be Shabbat … if I am in Tsfat, will I have problems finding food?

I wish to spend more time in Tsfat, having made it my base but because of the Shabbat, I am afraid many attractions like galleries, will be closed.

Amman, Jordan
reviews: 35
11. Re: Pls help! Self-created, action packed Golan & N Galilee plan

Hi everyone! just got back and want to thank you all for your valuable input.

i'd do a update for those researching this in future...

We arrived late (delayed at border for more than 3 hours) on day 1. Day 2 morning, we skipped katzrin to tour Tsfat but were rained out (i had expected this). still, with umbrellas and raincoats we managed to cover some grounds and had fun.

The only disappointing thing was Tsfat cheese - tour cost hefty 25 shekels and its in Hebrew. we felt we wasted a chunk of precious time and didnt understand a thing. if you speak hebrew, it may be a nice experience. i will write a review separately.

The gate closed on us half hour before the stated closing time for Capernaum but the guard Frankie was so nice - he said if we go back next day, he'll let us in for free - he did. did st peter's church at tagba - nice souvenir shop.

like chana said, mt beatitude closes at certain hours, but we didnt realise they also close for a couple during lunch so we missed that.

love banias, nimrod - would have done the longer 3 hr round trip hike between banias waterfall and nature reserve if we had the time. kids love the hiking! weather is perfect. mt bental is a gem - we arrived at sunset, it was magnificent.

Last day Beit Shean was nice - uncrowded. great for ruins lovers. but like elsewhere in israel - costly! 38 shekels to get in. kids UNDER 5 free, mine was 5 and he was charged 23shekels.

Remi 2000, i'll try tell dan next time - i was told it was'similar' to banias by the owner of the B&B - is that true? i want to try to stay somewhere closer to banias or sea of galilee to get around more easily next time. tx for the suggestion on Dan Al Ha Dan. next time. we'll try a different time of yr, maybe fruit picking!

my second time at Safed Inn and even thou we stayed at the dorm, it was nicer than the dirty and unfriendly Briza Bakfar where we stayed on last night (by Ramot).

thanks for all your help again, especially Chana, for your patience!

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
reviews: 11
12. Re: Pls help! Self-created, action packed Golan & N Galilee plan

Glad to hear that you enjoyed the trip and that you are planning to come back for another visit.

The National Parks has discount tickets for multiple entries: 6 parks for 107 NIS or unlimited entries for 147 NIS:

http://www.parks.org.il/Pages/Price.aspx

Use "Google Translate" to convert to English. You can see the entire list of parks and nature reserves that are included. This page also clearly says "ages 5 to 18".

13. Re: Pls help! Self-created, action packed Golan & N Galilee plan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, November 02, 2013