We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tzimmer in the galilee area

Which Galilee hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
tzimmer in the galilee area

I have been to israel numerous times, we have stayed in a few tzimmerin and have found nir dovid to be our favorite (cleanliness is very important). Once again i am planning a trip and I am planning to be in the galilee for 2 days during the week. I was hoping to get some suggestions for tzimmerin and also a few small trip ideas, (i.e. chocolate factories, other factories, zoos, parks).

we have stayed at nof 10 in the past and while the scenery was beautiful it wasn't the cleanest.

thank you for your help.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 112
1. Re: tzimmer in the galilee area

If you would like to stay in Rosh Pina I recommned Orli Elias B&B. It is clean, quaint and very well kept. She also provides a delicious Israeli breakfast included in the price.

Rosh Pina also has a lovely park to walk in, including a local spring which has water flowing through it most of the year.

When in the north you can visit one of two chocolate workshops. One is De Karina in Ein Zivan and the other is Galita in Kibbutz Degania. both are fun and deligious. If you are in the area of Mt. Tabor there is the Marzipan visitors center which is lots of fun to visit and includes a workshop as well.

In general the major food factories require advance reservations (many months in advance) and have limited tours in English. Tnuva runs a nice tour of their dairy in the north, and many times can be visited without prior appointment (but not always).

I will assume that you have visited GanGaru if you have stayed in Nir David. Have you been to Hamat Gader where there is a crocodile farm? On Kibbutz Haon they raise ostriches which is fun to see.

Chana

Israel

New York City, New...
2. Re: tzimmer in the galilee area

We have never been to rosh pina, How far is it from Nir Dovid? Is there anything to do there specifically other then the park?

Yes we have been to Gangaru numerous times! we enjoy it very much!

I will look into those chocolate workshops, they sound fun and totally up my alley.

I will look into Kibbutz Haon as well, i have a feeling my husband will enjoy that very much.

thank you so much!

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 23
3. Re: tzimmer in the galilee area

If you haven't visited Rosh Pina in the Upper Galilee before, then definitely do so on your upcoming trip. It's a real 'gem.' Stroll through the original 19th century moshava and learn about the First Aliya - the first wave of immigration of modern Zionism.

4. Re: tzimmer in the galilee area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:05 pm, February 10, 2012
Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 36
5. Re: tzimmer in the galilee area

Advertising is not permitted on the forums and it seems that you have come on today just to promote this one guest house.

tel aviv
6. Re: tzimmer in the galilee area

I have stayed a few times in a nice B&B guesthouse in sharona (lower galilee near Tiberias). They are really nice hosts and staying there made my vacation great. It is a charming place with lots of things to do or just enjoy the lovely village.

Racheli - the owner was very helpful to us planning our trip to other places too,

They are the Karaso family and also have a great web sites.

Enjoy your trip to Israel !

Dorit

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
reviews: 41
7. Re: tzimmer in the galilee area

Rosh Pina is the place to stay in. Choose one of the B&Bs from the list on Trip Advisor. You can ask for our comments later.Driving further from the cobbled road is a lookout that you can visit too.

Boston...
reviews: 19
8. Re: tzimmer in the galilee area

This is going to sound strange. I came across a place on TA in upper galilee where they have a large evening meal restaurant but also a B&B type rooms. I think I saw a 'japanese style' cabin type? For the life of me I can't find it again.

Does anyone know of this place? it's run by a couple that grow their own food cook it and serve it at night to their guests.

Like I said. Very strange request.

Thanks to anyone who recognizes this.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 18
9. Re: tzimmer in the galilee area

I stayed in a Zimmer in Rosh Pina this past summer. Here is a link

http://www.roshpina-b-and-b.com/

Anna, the owner is a lovely lovely person. The room (s) was immaculate. I do not think they are listed as of yet on TA--I've tried but TA is way behind in updating their listings. The view was stunning.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 41
10. Re: tzimmer in the galilee area

empty nesters:

Is it one of these places?

http://www.yapanbagalil.co.il/english.aspx

http://www.zimmeril.com/site.asp?site_id=2833

There's also a place like that in the Negev (south):

http://www.zimmeril.com/site.asp?site_id=1965

Edited: 11:55 pm, October 15, 2012