We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

would be first timers travelling with a 8 yr old..

Which Eilat hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
bradford
reviews: 19
would be first timers travelling with a 8 yr old..

i'm looking to visit a totally different destination and for some reason keep getting draw to eilat but alas i no of not 1 single person who's been therefore reluctant to book.. we normally do the egypt thing with our last visit to taba.. we love a beach holiday with a couple of days exploreing, eating out and night time walks..are there any do's and don'ts.. someone just paint me a honest picture please.

9 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
reviews: 76
1. Re: would be first timers travelling with a 8 yr old..

My husband and I spent 4 days there, three years ago and enjoyed it.

Highlights are the Marine Observatory.

http://www.coralworld.co.il/en/Default

I am sure your 8 year old would love to swim with the dolphins.

Tinmah Park is about 25 km north of Eilat and the scenery there is spectacular.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timna_Valley

http://www.parktimna.co.il/EN/

Eilat, Israel
2. Re: would be first timers travelling with a 8 yr old..

There is a lot more to do in Eilat than Taba, more restaurants, bars and shops. The Ice Mall with an ice rink, Coral World Underwater observatory, Dolphin Reef, Kings City amusement park as well as driving around the desert are the most attractions kids enjoy. There are plenty of restaurants to suite everyone's taste and budget. However, the beaches are better in Taba and the hotels spaced out along the coast, that does not mean to say Eilat's beaches are bad just a little bit less sand and more closer together.

bradford
3. Re: would be first timers travelling with a 8 yr old..

thank you very much for your replys, i've noticed after hours of changing my dates and airports there isn't a direct flight to eilat in the months of march and april why is this? how long is a connecting flight.. how much.. are they pretty regular..

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
4. Re: would be first timers travelling with a 8 yr old..

A direct flight from where? You say you are in Bradford. Assuming that's Bradford in the UK, it's unlikely you'd find anything from Leeds/Bradford but there might be direct flights from Manchester.

If possible, you should avoid Easter and Passover (the latter is April 14 to 21 in 2014) because that's peak time, flights will be expensive, and accommodation will be hard to find as well as expensive.

bradford
5. Re: would be first timers travelling with a 8 yr old..

manchester but would also fly from gatwick..

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
6. Re: would be first timers travelling with a 8 yr old..

I've done a bit of digging. I looked on the website of Longwood Holidays, which specializes in package tours to Israel, and it says <<This year there are no regular direct flights to Eilat (except for any listed below), and holidays in Eilat are sold via Tel Aviv or as part of a multi-centre itinerary.>>

There are no flights "listed below". It could mean that Longwood isn't using any direct flights to Eilat, or that they just don't exist at all.

Eilat, Israel
7. Re: would be first timers travelling with a 8 yr old..

There hasn't been a regular weekly direct flight from the UK for at least four years. The only direct flights are at Christmas and Passover.

You can fly from Manchester to Tel Aviv with Easy Jet and an internal flight a couple of hours later.

I sent you a PM

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
reviews: 93
8. Re: would be first timers travelling with a 8 yr old..

I've been to Eilat several times as a tourist, a couple of times with my children in tow.

The main sites have been outlined already. Timna Park is great and has several activities for families including a desert bike ride for families, paddle boats and sand bottles.

The big difference with the beaches in the Sinai and Eilat is that Eilat beaches don't begin to compare. They aren't sandy long beaches where you can walk. For the most part the beaches are rocky. The upside to that is that there is great snorkeling and diving. Your child is even old enough for snuba. I did this activity with my children before they were old enough for scuba and they absolutely loved it. The instructors were amazing with children. http://www.snuba.co.il/snuba%20adventure.htm

There is great nightlife and tons for kids to do at night with amusement park like rides and activities all along the promenade that runs along the water in the hotel district. While not at all like visiting Sinai(and I admit it has been many years since I was there), Eilat has it's own atmosphere and if very family friendly. My kids loved it there.

bradford
9. Re: would be first timers travelling with a 8 yr old..

would just like to say thank you for all your replys packed with information..

ursula

Reply to: would be first timers travelling with a 8 yr old..
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted