We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rules of personal nature

Which Eilat hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ireland
reviews: 1
rules of personal nature

I booked a hotel in Eilat through Hotline. The Hotel they gave me is called Siesta and when I looked at that hotel I discovered that couples must show proof of marriage. I am not married to the lady I will visit Eilat with and do not want the embarrassment of being turned away at the desk. Can anyone tell me if this is normal for all Hotels in Eilat and would Hotline have a duty of care to change the hotel.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 110
1. Re: rules of personal nature

Never heard of such a thing. In any case as two women traveling together there would not be a reason for such proof. The hotel us inexpensive and may have been used for unscrupulous encounters in the past.

Chana

Israel

ireland
reviews: 1
2. Re: rules of personal nature

Thank you Chana ,

The website for Hotel Siesta specifically states the ruling as a condition of staying there.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
reviews: 37
3. Re: rules of personal nature

Never heard of anything like that in Israel, more so for two women. Dont worry.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 40
4. Re: rules of personal nature

I have never heard of this hotel, but the reviews on TirpAdvisor don't sound too promising. Perhaps in light of this + the intrusive quetions, you would consider booking elsewhere? I have never heard of Israeli hotels (except for religious pilgrimage hospices) asking about the personal status of their guests.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
5. Re: rules of personal nature

I have never heard of such a thing, so out of curiosity I had a look at the hotel's website:

http://www.siestahotel.co.il/en/

Maybe I'm missing something, but I can't see anything on the hotel's website stating that couples must be married.

Jerusalem
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Israel
reviews: 41
6. Re: rules of personal nature

First, the OP is asking about a mixed (male-female) couple so I'm not sure the two lady comments are relevant.

Like Shuffaluff, I looked at the site because I couldn't believe this, and I also couldn't see this condition anywhere. Maybe we're missing something. I did notice that the English on the website was terrible, and also seemed to promise things no hotel could live up to (taken at face value, it implies you can have as many drinks, including local alcoholic drinks, as you like any time of day).

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
7. Re: rules of personal nature

I wondered if the Hebrew website might be different. It says guests must be over 21 or soldiers with official identification (or words to that effect). That's pretty weird in itself. Does it mean families are not allowed? And if that's the case, why does it say so only in Hebrew?

But it says nothing about having to be married.

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
reviews: 93
8. Re: rules of personal nature

I would change hotels, even if you booked through a third party. Tell the booking agent that the terms and conditions were not made available before the booking and that under their terms, you could not stay there. They are required to have all terms and conditions available in advance of booking you in.

There are so many options in Eilat, find one that meets your needs. If you want to go really inexpensive, look at the Israeli youth hostel in Eilat. Any age can stay there and it is very nice. If you are looking for a budget hotel, I would recommend the Isrotel Riviera Hotel. Fewer amenities but right in the heart of the tourist area and half the price of the hotels around it.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 32
9. Re: rules of personal nature

I had to go and take a look myself - granted the English is terrible.

I understand the reasoning behind the requirement that guests be over 21 - hotels in Eilat frequently run into a lot of difficulty with high school age kids who come on their own to have a good time. I don't think they are an adult only hotel since they have a kiddie pool and children's activities.

Yes, - they claim that everything is free - meals, drinks, ice cream, etc. - unbelievable.

But nowhere, in either language, is there any comment regarding couples needing to be married and to prove it.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 18
10. Re: rules of personal nature

I too read the English website and can find nothing that says anything about being married. AND I too don't understand how this male-female couple turned into two females. ( who could NOT be married in many locations--even if they wanted to be)

Shuffaluff--saying guests must be over 21 seems to mean that they do not want a bunch of teenagers using it as a party site. Allowing solidiers seems to mean that they do not want foreign under 21 year olds. In NYC the majority of hotels will NOT check in people under 21. ( although they will check in families with kids)