We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eilat for the first time, 2 kids ages 9 and 12

Which Eilat hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco
Eilat for the first time, 2 kids ages 9 and 12

Hi,

We are a family of 4 going to Eilat for the first time. We'd like to go snorkling and maybe swim with the dolphins. We haven't arranged anything yet, and are concerned about the expense. Does anyone have any budget tips for 3 days in Eilat e.g, reasonable accomodations, inexpensive but decent restaurants, the place to rent snorkeling equipment, etc. We don't need anything fancy. Hotels seem tricky, as many don't allow 4 in a room. We have an opportunity to stay at Kibbutz Kitura about a half hour away - should we do that, or stay in a hotel? Thank you.

reviews: 30
1. Re: Eilat for the first time, 2 kids ages 9 and 12

I think Kibbutz Yotvata is even closer (40 km as opposed to 50 km of Ketura). But when are you going? The places which are not on the water are treacherously hot in July and August. Eilat is full of restaurants and accomodations for all budgets. Why don't you stay at some apartment hotel in Eilat, like the Isrotel Royal garden (there are cheaper ones)?

Enjoy!

manchester
reviews: 1
2. Re: Eilat for the first time, 2 kids ages 9 and 12

Hi

I don't think staying in the kbbutz is a good solution, for you want to go snorkeling and swim with the dolphins, the amount you will pay the taxis you may as well stay in Eilat, there are loads of small hotel with great food and near all the attractions you need.

The Palmira, Holiday Inn Expratess, patio, these are just a few examples of small , nice and clean hotels which lots more

Have a wonderful time, im sure you will

Jerusalem, Israel
3. Re: Eilat for the first time, 2 kids ages 9 and 12

Club Hotel Eilat has great family rooms - it's both a time share and a regular hotel. I don't know the rates, but when I was there, it was full of families with children of all ages. They offer lots of activities for children as well as being just off but a short walk to the beach area. Their "Attractions Desk" in the lobby always had lots to offer around town, as well.

While Ketura & Yotvata are both great kibbutzim, they are simply too far away for you to really enjoy your visit to Eilat - AND as already said, you'll spend more on transportation back & forth, so you might as well just spend a little more to be right in Eilat!

suzanne pomeranz, jerusalem, israel

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
reviews: 36
4. Re: Eilat for the first time, 2 kids ages 9 and 12

one great budget activity you can do (if it's not too hot when you visit and you are all reasonably fit) is to go on a hike in the mountains above Eilat. it's truly stunning scenery (you can see the whole bay from above) and there are lots of marked trails. You should ask someone in Eilat for advice on which hike would be best for your family. Take decent shoes with you (sturdy sneakers are enough) if you want to do this.

Avigail (jerusalem)

Modiin, Israel
reviews: 21
5. Re: Eilat for the first time, 2 kids ages 9 and 12

May I also reccomend Isrotel's Royal Garden Appt. Hotel. The rooms are lovely, there's a "parents room" with a door, and a "living room" with a sofa which can be opened to a double bed. There's also an equiped kitchenette. This description is from two years ago, but I don't think much has changed since.

Also, regarding the hikes, there's a nice day trip from Mt. Yeho'ash to Mt. Tsefachot - great scenery of the Eilat bay. Be sure to get a good map, although the routes are all marked, and in some places even signed. Importantly, Take at least 4 litres of water per person.

Enjoy

Albany, California
reviews: 1
6. Re: Eilat for the first time, 2 kids ages 9 and 12

Hi,

I just read your posting. Our family of four is also going to be in Israel this summer and we are having trouble finding places that will accomdate us in one room. My husband and I lived on Kitura 18 years ago. It is pretty far from Eilat, I would think you could find something closer. How much are they charging you? Also, find out if the pool is filled. It was empty the summer we were there...

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 135
7. Re: Eilat for the first time, 2 kids ages 9 and 12

You all do understand, don't you, that Eilat and the entire south (Negev) are going to be hellishly hot in the summer, don't you? Unless you have an extraordinary heat tolerance, it will NOT be pleasant. Unless you like Arizona in the summer (as close to hell as I ever hope to get), I'd plan on the center or north of the country.

Douglas Duckett