We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does anybody know abt 'Exclusive Tours' Eilat-Petra day trip

Which Eilat hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brooklyn, New York
reviews: 36
Does anybody know abt 'Exclusive Tours' Eilat-Petra day trip

I'm looking to book a 1-day trip to see Petra from Eilat in mid-December.

Most companies online are about $250 and do not include the border tax/fee.

Artium Dostman @ Exclusive Tours (www.trv-e.com) has the same trip for $250 WITH those fees included (so abt $50-60 cheaper per person).

However, I have only been able to come across one review for this company - and it's a negative one on TA but by a newbie user who hasn't commented on anything else, so I am suspicious of both the poster and also the Exclusive Tours co. as there seems to be no other reviews!

So does anybody know if they are legit/good/reliable? Or should I pay up the extra $50-60 per person and go with something definitely reputable.

Thanks!

62 replies to this topic
21. Re: Does anybody know abt 'Exclusive Tours' Eilat-Petra day trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:45 pm, February 28, 2013

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 18
22. Re: Does anybody know abt 'Exclusive Tours' Eilat-Petra day trip

"Hi , please advise that first of all i dont have any misspellings in my writing ."

I hate to break it to you, but you have numerous spelling errors in your posts. Now normally I don't say a word about spelling errors when the writer is not a native English speaker. BUT, when the errors are consistent AND when the writer claims not to make them.....

Eilat, Israel
23. Re: Does anybody know abt 'Exclusive Tours' Eilat-Petra day trip

Yes . But i am not native . And also i have a good english for not native person . :-)

Edited: 5:42 pm, February 28, 2013
Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 36
24. Re: Does anybody know abt 'Exclusive Tours' Eilat-Petra day trip

the point of this forum and this discussion is not to discuss the level of your English - and I will not refer to that, but since you insisted you have no spelling mistakes, you opened yourself up for comments.

Stick to the facts at hand and not English spelling and grammar.

aqaba
25. Re: Does anybody know abt 'Exclusive Tours' Eilat-Petra day trip

there,re no visa to to enterJORDAN from eilat -----

Eilat, Israel
26. Re: Does anybody know abt 'Exclusive Tours' Eilat-Petra day trip

for philipins and some more countries you do have please check your facts..

ireland
reviews: 2
27. Re: Does anybody know abt 'Exclusive Tours' Eilat-Petra day trip

Please everyone , be aware that many people have had their visit to Petra from Eilat ruined by this man called Atrium Dostman trading as Exclusive Tours. I was on such a tour and had to pay the agent in Jordan an extra $100. The name of the company that handles this company's business in Jordan is Oscar Tours and they agreed that this is regular for anyone who books through Atrium Dostman , they had no explanation as to why they continue to do business with him seeing so many are put to a loss by booking through him. The Eilat forum is a blessing and hopefully the antics of this company operating from Eilat will come to an end.

Manhattan, New...
28. Re: Does anybody know abt 'Exclusive Tours' Eilat-Petra day trip

just went on a tour with them. stay away from this company. they are terrible, unreliable, and unprofessional. promised and paid for a private tour, and placed in a group of 20+. they also pass you off to a jordanian company which are very unprofessional as well. they dont even acknowledge the clients and treat you like sheep in a herd. do yourself a favor and pay the extra money for a legit tour company. jordanian tour company is with abraham tours..ask about this if booking thru either jordanian or israeli company ahead of time bc you do not want to be passed on to them.

Manhattan, New...
29. Re: Does anybody know abt 'Exclusive Tours' Eilat-Petra day trip

just went on a tour with them. stay away from this company. they are terrible, unreliable, and unprofessional. promised and paid for a private tour, and placed in a group of 20+. they also pass you off to a jordanian company which are very unprofessional as well. they dont even acknowledge the clients and treat you like sheep in a herd. do yourself a favor and pay the extra money for a legit tour company. jordanian tour company is with abraham tours..ask about this if booking thru either jordanian or israeli company ahead of time bc you do not want to be passed on to them.

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
reviews: 104
30. Re: Does anybody know abt 'Exclusive Tours' Eilat-Petra day trip

All Israeli companies work in partnership with Jordanian companies and will pass you off to a Jordanian group at the border. Usually these are really good relationships between the 2 companies as both their livelihoods depend on good service. Not all Jordanian companies are equal and not all guides are equal. If you think you are getting a good deal with a cut rate price, you land up losing out. Pay the going rate (most companies are within a few dollars of each other) and have a good trip. There are several recommended companies on tripadvisor with people reporting back again and again that they have had good experiences. If you want to pay less, then do it yourself (though you won't save a lot on a one day tour). You should read back over this thread which stretches back 2 years. No happy customers have reported back.

Reply to: Does anybody know abt 'Exclusive Tours' Eilat-Petra day trip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted