We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jerusalem - Dead Sea- Tel Aviv

London, United...
Jerusalem - Dead Sea- Tel Aviv

Hello

I am going to Jeruselam for 1 day (and night) from Tel Aviv and plan to go to Dead Sea on my way back to Tel Aviv. Perhaps leave Jerusalem just before lunch and back in Tel Aviv evening time. I would also like to go to Masada (maybe take the cable car up). Has anyone does this before? Does anyone have any recommendations for travel, timings etc?

Thanks!!

Modiin, Israel
reviews: 21
11. Re: Jerusalem - Dead Sea- Tel Aviv

Another option is to take a guided day tour by bus. United Tours offer these tours for $100-$109USD (depending on where is your departure). You can either take it from Jerusalem, or from Tel Aviv. These tours are 1 day long and consist of:

"Drive via the Judean Desert to the Dead Sea area. Visit Massada, the fortress of King Herod and the last stronghold of the Zealots. Continue along the shores of the Dead Sea (the lowest point on earth) to Ein Gedi Spa to enjoy its therapeutic qualities as the rich mineral hot springs, the therapeutic mud and to enjoy the unique experience of floating on the rich mineral water of the Dead Sea."

Look at www.unitedtours.co.il/content2.asp…

or

eggedtours.com/tours/masada-and-the-dead-sea

By taking such a tour you will avoid the bus wait time, and will also have a guide. Of course the downside is being herded with a group of people you don't know. But IMHO it can be a convenient solution for you, given your transportation and time restrains.

Edited: 2:20 am, May 22, 2012
12. Re: Jerusalem - Dead Sea- Tel Aviv

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, June 22, 2013