We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

psorios

a_dilen@hotmail.com
psorios

I and my son will be going to Israel tel aviv my son has psorious we are specially taking this trip from australia.can you advise us on a clinic should we book a hotel , what are the best advice on treatments for psorious

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
reviews: 23
1. Re: psorios

I would suggest you look for GrahamLDN on the Israel forum (using the forum "search" feature), and try to contact him by private message. He goes to the Dead Sea twice a year for psoriasis treatment, and for sure will be able to help you.

Tel Aviv, Israel
reviews: 42
2. Re: psorios

adrine 8

Firstly, I can't say whether coming to the Dead Sea will benefit your son or not.

What I can say is that many people including myself do benefit from spending time at the Dead Sea and exposing themselves to the sun, bathing in the sea and experiencing the calm and support that you will find there. A number of countries in Europe send psoriasis patients to the Dead Sea for treatment.

In most cases, people will stay at a hotel in Ein Boqeq and attend one of the clinics there. There is a public solarium and most of the hotels have rooftop solaria segregated for men and women.

You haven't mentioned your son's age, but it is rare to find patients there under the age of 18. This is probably because the treatment involves lying in the sun for several hours per day.

There are several travel agents that can arrange trips which include within the package the services of a doctor who will oversee your visit.

There are some very experienced physicians at the Dead Sea, for example Dr Marco Harari of the DMZ Medical Center at the Lot Spa Hotel.

For more information feel free to send me questions or you could visit an online support forum such as http://www.psoriasis-help.org.uk/community/ There you will be able to ask questions of people that have experienced the treatment at the Dead Sea.

Whatever happens, I would like to wish you every success in obtaining relief for your son from this very uncomfortable disease.

Graham

3. Re: psorios

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 am, October 07, 2009