We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

coffee on the way to Masada

Which Dead Sea Region hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Marietta, Georgia
reviews: 30
coffee on the way to Masada

We are caffeine addicts and are leaving Masada youth hostel before breakfast. Does anyone know a place to stop for coffee on the way to Masada (it will be very early in the morning). ?

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
reviews: 41
1. Re: coffee on the way to Masada

The youth hostel is on the foot of Massada. I suppose they have a coffee making facilities in your room, with some coffee and sugar. You might be able to use the kitchen at the hostel too.

israel
Destination Expert
2. Re: coffee on the way to Masada

The website says that the rooms have kettels and a minibar. The minibar most probably has soft drinks only, but I am not sure. If you are not having breakfast (included in the price) ask them to give you packaged breakfasts that you can eat later, maybe even pick up later, after your visit to Massada. There is a coffee place there too, for a coffee after your climb. You don't know that yet, of course, but Israel is a friendly country to tourists. It will much easier than the way you prepare yourself and what you expect.

Marietta, Georgia
3. Re: coffee on the way to Masada

Thanks Soshi. They agreed to pack us breakfast. i wa smore concerend about the coffee, but you answered that too. We are all caffine addicts, but expecially my husband!

israel
Destination Expert
4. Re: coffee on the way to Masada

Say "hi" to your husband from another coffee addict (me). I alway check if the hotel has a kettel and I have a small one which I carry along. A kettel, my favorite type of coffee and a hair blow-dryer.

reviews: 29
5. Re: coffee on the way to Masada

Before reaching Massada, buy a small Nescafe coffee jar (in many supermarkets they have really small ones, I think they are 50 g) some long life milk (halav amid) and grab some sugar from the youth hostel, and there you are.

Enjoy (from another coffee addict)!

Marietta, Georgia
6. Re: coffee on the way to Masada

awesome suggestion Anaon

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
reviews: 23
7. Re: coffee on the way to Masada

Good idea from Anon.

Also, have a look - some of the supermarkets have small boxes of 20 x 1-portion tube-like packets of nescafe.

The long-life milk comes in a few sizes, but the simplest one for you is a small 250cc box, that are sometimes difficult to find. You can also get tubes of reconstituted milk, already sweetened, which is helpful if you don't think you'll finish a box of the long-life, or if they only have larger sizes (1/2 liter or 1 liter).

8. Re: coffee on the way to Masada

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 pm, September 27, 2009