We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on 7 day trip

Which Israel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Aberdeenshire
reviews: 4
Advice on 7 day trip

We will be visiting Israel next week, staying Tel-Aviv. We will be meeting friends Fri/Sat and really want to fit two tours in along with some general sight seeing around the city. I was thinking of one day for Jerusalem and Bethlehem and another for Nazareth/Sea of Galilee with our own trip to the Dead Sea. Can anyone advise if this is the best use of our two tour guide trips and also if anyone can say which is the best company? Any help much appreciated, i've read many threads and am just more confused!

Thank you

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 23
1. Re: Advice on 7 day trip

If there's any place in Israel where you stand to benefit from the enhanced experience that a licensed guide can ensure you, it will certainly be in the Old City of Jerusalem.

Galilee is another area that makes sense to use a guide, though, if you rent a car, you can easily get around this area.

Do NOT attempt to visit Nazareth on a Saturday. The traffic that day is always a nightmare. If you must tour the Galilee region on Saturday (rather than Friday), I'd start with the Mt of Beatitudes, Tabgha, and Capernaum. Enjoy a traditional St. Peter's fish lunch at Kibbutz Ein Gev and then continue to the Yardenit baptismal site. If there's still time, end the day with a visit to the Church of the Transfiguration on Mt Tabor.

While touring the Dead Sea, of course, you won't wan to miss a visit to Masada, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 32
2. Re: Advice on 7 day trip

Obviously how you arrange your visit is your call - and you don't say whether the purpose of your trip is business leaving you only 2 days to tour, but if you are here for 7 days, why only 2 days for seeing the country.

With only two days I would spend them both in Jerusalem, or one in Jerusalem and one for the Dead Sea and Masada - in any case you will barely scratch the surface.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 18
3. Re: Advice on 7 day trip

One day to see Jerusalem and Bethlehem will enable you to check you have been there but not allow you to see much of anything. Like Oreet I am confused with your time allocation but agree--just stay in Jerusalem for both days

4. Re: Advice on 7 day trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, February 07, 2014