We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beer sheva hotels and attractions.

Which Israel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
porth wales
reviews: 4
beer sheva hotels and attractions.

hi

i just finnished my time at the ben gurion university.

and i stayed at the negev hotel for 12 weeks. the hotel is supposed to hold a five star rating but in reality is only a two star.

its clean enough and ina good location but rooms are small and i constantly had to remind them to come in clean up and change the beds sheets et.

on the good side the location is great beer sheva offers lots to do for students, from paint ball and desert tours to skydiving (that was a blast that i highly recomend check em out on the web somthing like skykef.com) 12000 feet above israel gets you a real idea of the country.

lots of bars restrants and malls to visit. and its realy cheap to move around taxis cost about $4.00 anywere in the city. trains are clean and run well.

a visit to the arab market is also worth the experience buying anything can take a little time though as they like to barter.

if you are doing an exchange student trip to beer sheva enjoy it and to experience the real israel dont stay on the campus try to visit as many places as possible.

Fort Lauderdale...
1. Re: beer sheva hotels and attractions.

Hi Taffclarke - Don't know if you will even see my post since I am responding to your post of last year....

What caught my eye is that you studied at Ben Gurion in Be'er Sheva. My son will be going there the beginning of Jan. 07 to study for 6 months. I have some trepidation about him going there with the political situation in nearby Gaza (mostly separation anxiety!) and would welcome any advice to pass on to him. He has been to Israel in the past - has many cousins as well as aunt/uncle there - but will be attending the Ulpan to learn Hebrew.

Thanks!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 135
2. Re: beer sheva hotels and attractions.

Not to intrude into a conversation, because I am not that familiar with either Beersheva or Ben Gurion University, but I know the geography, and Beersheva is not near enough to Gaza for you to worry. It is not in Qassam rocket range and has been unaffected by the recent violence in Gaza. Your son will be fine, and I hope he has a wonderful experience.

Douglas Duckett

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Haifa
reviews: 183
3. Re: beer sheva hotels and attractions.

I second Douglas totally. There is nothing really to worry about

the safety in Beer Sheva, not more than any other spot in Israel.

I would only worry about the heat but probably young people do not

mind so much the heat and dryness. Beer Sheva has developed

tremendously in the last few years. We stayed at the Golden Tulip

hotel recently. Its actually the best among the very mediocore

hotels in B.S. but not cheap around IS 550.- per night including breakfast.

I am sure your son will enjoy his studential time in B.S.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
reviews: 37
4. Re: beer sheva hotels and attractions.

Beer Sheva is the middle of the widest part of Israel, far from any border and Gazza. I have lived there for 21 years, and now live in Tel Aviv. It is a safe place, a bit out of the public eye, and as such not an attractive target to terrorists. The weather there is one of the best in Israel, far better than Haifa by the way. Haifa and Tel Aviv are on the coast and are hot and humid during the summer. In Beer Sheva temperatures are a bit higher during the summer, a bit lower during winter, but it is dry (not very dry) and pleasant. Evenings inn the summer are cool. The University has active students life,so I am sure your son will be safe and enjoy the stay there.

Fort Lauderdale...
5. Re: beer sheva hotels and attractions.

Thanks to everyone that gave me information. Good to know that Be'er Sheva is not that close to Gaza when it comes to rocket range - of course any place in Israel can be vulnerable; just a fact of life there.

reviews: 30
6. Re: beer sheva hotels and attractions.

Pretty much anywhere nowadays, when you think about it

7. Re: beer sheva hotels and attractions.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:24 am, August 19, 2009