We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Israel-Cyprus?

Which Israel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth
reviews: 4
Israel-Cyprus?

Have you done it?

Where and how??

We are visiting Israel and decided we want to get more adventurous.. as we have 9 weeks in Israel.

Please share your thoughts/experience with us.

Thanks!!

Israel
reviews: 3
1. Re: Israel-Cyprus?

Daily regular flights from Israel to Cyprus. Very easy short flight. ELAL and Cyprus Airways have scheduled flights, and Arkia has charter flights.

You have to decide is you want to stay on the beach,. Then Paphos and Aya Napa have popular resorts or prefer the Trodos Mountains. I suggest you get more information on the Cyprus forum.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
reviews: 41
2. Re: Israel-Cyprus?

While in Israel go to a travel agent and ask for a package to Cyprus that include flight and hotel. This is the cheapest and easiest way. Most packages are thu-sun (3 nights) or sun-thu (4 nights). You could get a package for 7 nights too. One can check online but the websites are only in Hebrew. Packages for May 2008 start at 450$.

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
reviews: 23
3. Re: Israel-Cyprus?

You could also call "daka90" which means "90th/last minute" or "Netravel". They often have last minute cheap packages, and some of their phone staff speak English. The Daka90 number is 03-6366883 (from Israel), and Netravel is 03-5701230.

Since you have 9 weeks in Israel, and although I love Israel very much (I've lived here for 30 years!), you've come a long way, and could certainly do a couple of these short and cheap trips from Israel.

Cyprus is one, but I personally did not find it particularly interesting. Another couple of short trips that I actually prefer, are Istanbul (done that 3 times) and Athens (just came back from there last week).

Note that the prices of these trips are in US Dollars, which makes them particularly attractive at the moment.

reviews: 22
4. Re: Israel-Cyprus?

I would not recommend "Daka 90". While here on holiday, we tried to book two nights at a Dead Sea hotel through them. Filling out the form seemed straightforward enough - although they do require you to type names and addresses exclusively in Hebrew.

After filling in our credit card details and submitting, we got an automatic acknowledgement. But the next day we got an email from them, denying our order because they "don't accept foreign credit cards."

I shan't bore you with the details, but things got Kafka-esque after this, involving faxes sent and apparently not received, emails, vain attempts at getting hold of someone live and knowledgeable by telephone. Ultimately, we gave up. We wish you better luck.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 18
5. Re: Israel-Cyprus?

I am sorry that your plans fell through but non acceptance of foreign credit cards in not uniquely an Israeli action. I think it is a problem that comes up when the vendor is not actually handling and touching the credit card. It is an effort to combat fraud. My Israeli friends can not use their Israeli credit cards on some major American sites. I find that I am charging their order on my card ( American) and then they pay me back.

reviews: 22
6. Re: Israel-Cyprus?

You're right, of course. I've had the same problem in certain African countries. I'll know better next time.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 21
7. Re: Israel-Cyprus?

Ditto Debi. I was in Cyprus once, nothing special after being in Israel. Head for Turkey, Greece and/or Jordan.

wales
reviews: 9
8. Re: Israel-Cyprus?

Hi

Does anyone know if you can get from Israel to Cyprus by ferry ? Not looking for a cruise, just a cheap way of getting there.

Do you have any of how much this would cost ?

Regards

Steph

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 141
9. Re: Israel-Cyprus?

Others have reported on this forum that there is no ferry service anymore between Israel and Cyprus. There is frequent air service.

Douglas Duckett

10. Re: Israel-Cyprus?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 7:58 pm, February 09, 2009