We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Selcuk or Ephsus I am confused

Which Selcuk hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new jersey
Selcuk or Ephsus I am confused

I will be in Izmir on 15 March. Which is the best airline to serve Direct to Izmir from Dubai or it is less expensive to go to Istanbul than to Izmir? I just don't want to waste all day in traveling if I don't get early flight from Dubai and close connection to Izmir. I looked into Hotel bella and nylia. Is there any better hotel than these?I am really confused about ephesus and Selcuk. Are they part of same Town? which is better for our stay?I will be staying for 4 days. other than the attraction in that area which are other places in close proximity we can visit?

Istanbul, Turkey
reviews: 3
1. Re: Selcuk or Ephsus I am confused

Selçuk is a small town just south of Izmir and Ephesus is the ancient site very close by Selçuk.

I have no idea if there are direct flights from Dubai to Izmir,I suspect not but you need to do some research on that one.

I rather think you will need to fly into Istanbul and then take a connecting flight down to Izmir,it is only a 55 minute flight so no big deal but you do need to allow a couple of hours between flights for transfer.

Aside from Ephesus Selçuk has several other points of interest worth looking at.In addition you could take a day excursion to Pamukkale if you wanted and also take a day excursion south down the coast raking in Priene,Miletus and Didyam,3 lesser but very interesting historical sites.

The small pretty(former Greek) village of Sirince is 15 minutes on the local bus and is rather nice to visit.

If you wanted some beach time then Kuşadası is only 25 minutes away on the local bus.

Selcuk, Turkey
reviews: 1
2. Re: Selcuk or Ephsus I am confused

Re airlines you will have to travel through Istanbul, unless you possibly arrive with Lufthansa via Germany (a bit out of the way!)

Hotel Bella and its new sister Nilya are both good and well-located. You could look at Urkmez Hotel and their new place Ephesus Suites. The new Hotel St John looks top-class but is in a "sketchy" area of town.

I suggest you contact the Urkmez team or Bella/Nilya when you have booked your flight, since they provide a reliable pick-up from the airport.

new jersey
3. Re: Selcuk or Ephsus I am confused

Thanks.I am very clear now about the whole geography . It will make my decision about this trip easier. I will look into the hotel u suggested.

Kusadasi, Turkey
reviews: 11
4. Re: Selcuk or Ephsus I am confused

Hi..

Urkmez or gümüldür is so far to atractions..i can suggest you to stay in Kusadasi.Also its near to Ephesus ancient city and all.

Have a good day

Selcuk, Turkey
reviews: 1
5. Re: Selcuk or Ephsus I am confused

Thank you adavegas. Yes, Urkmez is a little town some distance away, but also happens to be the name of an excellent little hotel in Selcuk, just 3 km from Ephesus.

Kusadasi (less than 20 km distant) is also a wonderful place to stay, with added attractions like beaches. water-front cafes, water theme parks and karaoke bars.

Worthing, United...
reviews: 105
6. Re: Selcuk or Ephsus I am confused

Selçuk is the the closest town for Ephesus and a wonderful place in its own right. The railway station in Selçuk is an excellent gateway for other destinations eg. Izmir and Denizli (Pamukkale).

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 27
7. Re: Selcuk or Ephsus I am confused

Selcuk is the gateway town to reach the ruins at Efes.

As far as direct flights from DXB to ADB are concerned your choices are somewhat limited. You will have more choices for flights that go through IST airport.

Try these sites for information on flights

https://www.aerobilet.net/

http://www.skyscanner.com.au/

4 days is a generous amount of time to spend in Ephesus. You could spend 1 full day exploring the ruins of Aphrodisias.

http://www.aphrodisias.com/

http://wikitravel.org/en/Aphrodisias

tripadvisor.com.au/Attraction_Review-g191871…

new jersey
8. Re: Selcuk or Ephsus I am confused

Thanks . I have changed my Itinerary. I will go to Istanbul first and after 5 days will fly to Izmir. If I take the same airline from Dubai to Izmir, though I am taking a break for 5 days in Istabul, will I get the free shuttle to selcuk? I read before in order to take free shuttle if have use the same airline. I am not flying staight.

Kusadasi, Turkey
reviews: 11
9. Re: Selcuk or Ephsus I am confused

Hi,

Only Atlasjet and onurair has free shuttle to Selçuk or Kusadasi

10. Re: Selcuk or Ephsus I am confused

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, March 06, 2015