We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

selcuk and pammukale?

Which Selcuk hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Morristown, New...
selcuk and pammukale?

Hello

I will be spending two nights in Selcuk in early October, and have heard mixed reviews about Pammukale-- Is it worth taking a day tour there? and how long of day would it be? We will tour Ephesus ourselves on our first day.

Thank you !!

Selcuk, Turkey
reviews: 1
1. Re: selcuk and pammukale?

If you only have 2 days in Selcuk then I certainly don't recommend taking the time needed to get to Pamukkale and back - 3 hours each way. Plenty to see and do in the town, apart from Ephesus itself.

New York
reviews: 2
2. Re: selcuk and pammukale?

Pamukkale is worth to see. I definitely recommend you to go there. What you can do is you can visit Ephesus first day morning and other places in Selcuk. And then you can go to Pamukkale in the evening. And see Pamukkale next morning and then come back to Selcuk, or go somewhere else.

You can also visit this website to have more information about Pamukkale and Hireapolis ancient city,

http://travelselcuk.com/pamukkale-hierapolis/

New York City, New...
3. Re: selcuk and pammukale?

you can visit ephesus in one day and for the other day you can visit hierapolis ancient city,it is worth to see but ıt wıll take 3 hours to go there and the same for back.

Vancouver, Canada
4. Re: selcuk and pammukale?

are there buses that leaves from Selcuk in the morning to Pamukkale and return around 3:00pm. If this is not doable by bus can you recommend a tour company that we can get from Selcuk for a 1day tour of Pamukkale. We will be in Selcuk from March 22 and fly back to Istanbul early morning of March 24

Edited: 6:09 pm, January 04, 2013
Istanbul, Turkey
reviews: 3
5. Re: selcuk and pammukale?

The earliest bus or train to Denizli is not actually that early I'm afraid(train at 08.30 arrive 12.30) so it would be c.13.00 by the time you reached Pamukkale.There are buses back to Selçuk at 17.02 with Pamukkale Turizm bus company from Denizli.3-4 hours would give you chance to take a quick look around certainly.

Tour companies leave earlier and return around the same time but you still don't get much longer even with them as most unfortunately include'shopping opportunities'as part of the tour :( so this often accounts for much of that extra time.

Frankly with only 2 days,unless this is an absolute must see for you,then I wouldn't bother.You can use this time well just around Ephesus,Selçuk and the immediate area.

Wales, United...
reviews: 61
6. Re: selcuk and pammukale?

As mentioned earlier, there really is so much to do from Selcuk, it is a shame to travel such a distance onwards to Pamukkale and leave the town when your time is so limited. We were lucky enough to spend a week at Selcuk last year, chosing the town as a base to see Ephesus in our time.

Selck itself has a lot to offer and St Johns Basillica was just as much a highlight as Ephesus. Also it is a short drive to a beautiful beach, various harbours and I deinfately recomend getting a dolmus from the town up to the small Greek villiage in the hills.

We did Pamukkale through a tour from our hotel, well worth it and probably the highlight of my whole holiday. There is also an amphitheatre on the same site that is on a par with the one at Ephesus. The roads are good and the drive quite plesant but easier and much more interesting with a guide.

Selcuk, Turkey
reviews: 1
7. Re: selcuk and pammukale?

"Mixed reports about Pamukkale". It's just a question of whether you're most comfortable in the midst of other tourists, or not. Same goes for Goreme, and much of the Bodrum peninsula.

8. Re: selcuk and pammukale?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:05 am, January 28, 2013
San Jose, California
reviews: 31
9. Re: selcuk and pammukale?

Did you ever go? What did you think?

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
reviews: 35
10. Re: selcuk and pammukale?

with only 2 nights in Secluk I would not bother trying to get to Pamukkale. Also there is plenty to see and do in Selcuk for 2 nights. A visit to Priene-Miletus-Didyma is also worthwhile.

turkeytravelplanner.com/go/…miletus.html

also in Selcuk not only will you want to visit Ephesus but The Isabey Mosque , Basilica of St. John. Virgin Mary house, Seven Sleepers Cave, and the Temple of Artemis .

sacred-destinations.com/turkey/ephesus-isabe…