We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long out of 13 days should I stay in Selcuk?

Which Selcuk hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
How long out of 13 days should I stay in Selcuk?

Hi I posted on the forum a few months ago and everyone was so so helpful, and I'm greatful for that. I haven't thought of the holiday since!! In saying that we are ready to fly out to Turkey in a months time so thinking about it again.......

There are 4 of us travelling and we have 13 FULL days to play with in Turkey...we are jammin in a lot...here it goes

Option 1

Istanbul, we want to do a day trip to Gallopoli (we know its a long day)

Goreme for Cappadocia

Selcuk for Ephesus

Fethiye

Option 2

Istanbul

Overnighter in Gallopoli

Selcuk for Ephesus

Goreme for Cappadocia

Antalya or Fethiye

So my question is....how many nights per place would you reccommend?? And which option looks better in the order I have mentioned the towns?? I know each to their own, but we are havin trouble deciding how long to stay in each place for, and we want to decide so we can book internal flights

By reading other forum posts you guys reccommend to book these flights in advance rather than waiting till a few days prior..is that right....is it too risky to wait price and availability wise??

Have already looked into flights and over night bus options..will post questions about that once this bit gets clarified

Thanks heaps again

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
reviews: 30
1. Re: How long out of 13 days should I stay in Selcuk?

Hi Rittzi,

they seem both very well possible to me, it does not matter too much in which order. İt depends also a bit on how you travel, by which means. As you mention booking flights, then plan 1 seems pretty good. Fly from İstanbul to Cappadocia and from there to İzmir to get to Selcuk. Be sure to get to Ephesus early in the morning before the big crowds arrive. Then from Selcuk it is easy to go to Fethiye by bus.

5 days İstanbul including a trip to Gallipolli , 3 days Cappadocia, 2 days Selcuk, 2 days Fethiye, last day return to İstanbul.

You never have time enough, but İ think this way you get a good picture and a very enjoyable holiday.Hope this helps!

Australia
2. Re: How long out of 13 days should I stay in Selcuk?

Thanks heaps Villa Rhapsody, greatly appreciated for ur response....it definitely helped!!

3. Re: How long out of 13 days should I stay in Selcuk?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, June 28, 2013