We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 nights in Selcuk/Ephesus

Which Selcuk hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 106
2 nights in Selcuk/Ephesus

I posted this as part of a long trip report on the general Turkey forum, but am re-posting it here.

2 NIGHTS SELCUK/EPHESUS

We spent two nights in Selcuk which was more than enough. However, one night would probably not work if you are using airline transport.

Our hotel owner picked us up at the airport. This was expensive, but I just wasn’t up to figuring out the bus transport. I am sure it is simple and much less expensive. For our return to Izmir airport, we used the free Atlas Jet bus. It is free if you have a ticket on Atlas Jet.

We stayed at the Nazar Hotel....clean and basic. I have written a separate review in the hotel area.

We went to Ephesus our first afternoon. We arrived at 4:00 and had a guide arranged by the hotel. He stayed with us until 5:30....and then we had another 90 minutes until closing to rewalk the area. We were one of the last people to leave. They said there had been 10,000 people there that day. 2When we were there, we saw 500 at the most. I would urge you to go late in the day if at all possible. This is an incredible site....well worth the visit. Our hotel supplied us with a driver there, but we walked back. We left too late for a dolmus. The walk took a bit under an hour and was pleasant.

The second day we visited Ephesus Museum (where the real treasures are stored), St. John’s Basillica and the Temple of Artemis. We went to Sirince on the dolmus (little bus). This was 3 TL each for each direction. The town is a total tourist mecca. We enjoyed walking to the top of the hill and back down. However, it is certainly not an authentic experience.

1. Re: 2 nights in Selcuk/Ephesus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 pm, October 25, 2012