We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visits to Troy, Gallipoli, then Istanbul by bus

Which Selcuk hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
visits to Troy, Gallipoli, then Istanbul by bus

I will be in Ephesus, then Kusadasi. Is it possible to go to Troy then Gallipoli, then Istanbul on my own by bus in 3 days? I would stay in cannakale?

Are the major sites near the bus stations or will I have to hire a car or join a tour?

Istanbul, Turkey
reviews: 1
1. Re: visits to Troy, Gallipoli, then Istanbul by bus

Yes,you can take a bus from Izmir to Çanakkale.Truva Turizm,Metro Turizm and Kamil Koç Turizm all cover the route.From Çanakkale town centre you can take a local bus out to Troy site.Frankly you could find it very underwhelming as there is little to see and you need good archeological to understand what you can see.

I'd be inclined to just use your time around Çanakkale town and over on the Gallipoli peninsula instead.Plenty to keep you occupied in both places.

From Eceabat you can then take the bus up to Istanbul with any of the same three bus companies.You don't need to go back into Çanakkale.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
reviews: 56
2. Re: visits to Troy, Gallipoli, then Istanbul by bus

miche, welcome to Turkey.

The best is to take a bus to Canakkale from Izmir Otogar (Kamil Koc company has buses to Canakkale) and rent a car there or join some travel agency tours, or simply hire a guide with a car. Have a look at "http://www.anzacgallipolitours.com/". Afterwards you can again return to Istanbul by bus from Canakkale.

good luck,

enigma...

3. Re: visits to Troy, Gallipoli, then Istanbul by bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, February 13, 2014